Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i second the low battery part, had to let mine charge for a while once, and no, the usb port on the computer didnt charge it while i was doctoring... take that with a battery at 60% its normal capacity and doctoring became a race.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    i second the low battery part, had to let mine charge for a while once, and no, the usb port on the computer didnt charge it while i was doctoring... take that with a battery at 60% its normal capacity and doctoring became a race.
    I just recently ran a Doctor a couple days ago and had to make sure my phone's battery was at least 70% full for the Doctor to start working. Otherwise, is sat at the "Please Wait... Charging" screen forever lol
  3.    #23  
    It was the battery! I assumed since it was plugged via USB it was properly charged, plus I couldn't see the "battery meter" (ugh, the reason why I got in trouble in the first place) lol

I was never so happy to see that pulsating Palm title!

Its back and restoring from backup.

THANK YOU ALL for your help and patience. I'm scared to install any patches/3rd party software now. Lol
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hmm.. Probably. Log into your profile here device Options' and click 'I lost my phone'. You'll see the option for the remote wipe.
    been there , done that, I read a post about how this only work with sms and my pre plus is on airplane mode, is there another way , any?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostjb View Post
    been there , done that, I read a post about how this only work with sms and my pre plus is on airplane mode, is there another way , any?
    I don't think so... I could be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    It was the battery! I assumed since it was plugged via USB it was properly charged, plus I couldn't see the "battery meter" (ugh, the reason why I got in trouble in the first place) lol

I was never so happy to see that pulsating Palm title!

Its back and restoring from backup.

THANK YOU ALL for your help and patience. I'm scared to install any patches/3rd party software now. Lol
    Well, now that you know how to recover from any issues, you shouldn't have any fears of patches.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Well, now that you know how to recover from any issues, you shouldn't have any fears of patches.
    I don't know, seemingly, I can screw up the simple things. lol

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  8. SashoDikov
    It is how you learn. I love the fact how you cannot stop tinkering with the phone - it is the way this community was born.

Don't lose your curiousity
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    I don't know, seemingly, I can screw up the simple things. lol
    Not at all. It's part of the fun, and part of why webOS is such a great architecture. I've looked around at how this kind of thing is done on other platforms, and I'd probably never have the nerve to try any of that stuff on an Android or iOS phone.

But on webOS, you cant really hurt yourself as long as you use the backup tools in Preware and Save/Restore, and remember not to put calendar and contact info into your palm profile.

If you remember those things, you really can't hurt anything that can't be fixed by an emergency patch recovery, partial erase, or trip to the doctor.

You are much farther along than you are giving yourself credit for... Really.

Two Thumbs Up for you!
    I was reading geekmom's post about possibly bricking her Pre & saw soemthing I didn't understand. She was told that as long as her contacts weren't in her Palm profile she would be OK with restoring her device. Not sure I understand this one. How/where can I verify that I'll be OK if I have to Dr. and restore everything?
    David
    Sorry I confused you.

The issue is that items in your Palm profile can't be accessed from anywhere but your phone. Kind of a problem if your phone isn't working. Also kind of a problem if it didn't back up properly, or you've added a bunch of stuff since it backed up the night before... So I recommend hotmail/yahoo/gmail for those that want to use "cloud" services.

Personally, I have Pocket Mirror and I still sync with Outlook for reasons covered in detail in other threads.

You can tell where a contact is stored by the icon next to it, and you can tell with calendar entries by color, and by filtering which appointments you see.

It's not the end of the world if you've been putting stuff in your profile, you just have to know the limits and issues. Until Palm makes that stuff accessible over the web (my wife's dumb phone can even do this with myVerizon) I recommend that everyone not depend on the Palm Profile for contacts/calendar if they are important to you.

I hoped that clears this up...
    <<thread merged>>
    Thanks Cantaffordit, that clarifies things a bunch. Your help here is appreciated.
    Dave
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Not at all. It's part of the fun, and part of why webOS is such a great architecture. I've looked around at how this kind of thing is done on other platforms, and I'd probably never have the nerve to try any of that stuff on an Android or iOS phone.

But on webOS, you cant really hurt yourself as long as you use the backup tools in Preware and Save/Restore, and remember not to put calendar and contact info into your palm profile.

If you remember those things, you really can't hurt anything that can't be fixed by an emergency patch recovery, partial erase, or trip to the doctor.

You are much farther along than you are giving yourself credit for... Really.

Two Thumbs Up for you!
    Thanks!

Lol, it may have been fun for you guys watching me freakout, cuz I was spasing over here.

My kids almost didn't get picked up from school. jk (I even turned around when I remembered I had my teens Pre in my room.

Appreciate you guys, you saved my Pre and my sanity, really!
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 01/06/2011 at 11:31 AM.

Well if you do decide to get into patches and stuff like that, we'll be here to assist if you need it lol.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Echoing those before me, I've been where you are (and suspect many others have too). I've had near-heart attack moments, and have been fine each time.

I'm sure you'll be fine too. Explore patches/homebrewed apps without too much worry.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    Echoing those before me, I've been where you are (and suspect many others have too). I've had near-heart attack moments, and have been fine each time.

I'm sure you'll be fine too. Explore patches/homebrewed apps without too much worry.
    Yes, "my heart (and my nerves) will go on." lol

I had 2 fun moments like that, where I almost had a heart attack.

The first was when I was trying to use my roommate's laptop and WebOS QI to install some stuff on my Pre. His laptop suddenly started overheating, the smell was awful and my Pre shut down and wouldn't restart. I tried many times, but just kept getting the flashing Palm screen and it wouldn't go any further. I finally pulled the battery, left it out for about 10 minutes and then, when I tried again, it booted just fine.

Another time was when I was having problems from the OTA update to 1.4.5 and my Pre was acting like ! I had to doctor and on my first attempt, when it was done, instead of rebooting, it got stuck in a boot loop. I had to use recovery mode and run the Doctor twice, before it finally worked.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12