Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My AT&T Palm Pre Plus won't connect to the internet, and this fluctuates, like sometimes it will sometimes it won't
    And Yes i have tried restarting the phone, this fixes the problem temporarily.

I am going to the AT&T store later today to see whats up

AT&T Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS vs: 1.4.5
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    I am running into the same thing with ATT as well. Started this weekend and has gotten worse the last two days. I am going to start uninstalling patches, but I have not really installed any lately which seem suspect. The only thing new "item" is a Mugen battery, which I would not think would be the cause.

Turning airline mode on and then off seems to get it going again, saving the painful reboot

I am in WI.
    I've been having this issue off and on for the past month or so. I have Sprint and this issue occurs even when using WiFi. I wonder if a patch is causing the issue because my wife has a Pre without patches and she isn't having this problem.
    I've been developing this issue as well. I've found that going into phone prefs and disabling, then re-enabling DATA USAGE clears whatever the issue is... I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's a PITA.

Mals
    Not sure about ATT, but for those on Sprint, have you updated the PRL and network settings under Preferences in the phone app? This may clear up the issue. May work on ATT too, but I'm not sure.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Not sure about ATT, but for those on Sprint, have you updated the PRL and network settings under Preferences in the phone app? This may clear up the issue
    I don't think that's an option (I can't find it, anyway) on AT&T.

Mals
    I've just been switching mine to airplane mode then switching it back. Saves a reboot. Thought it was my case causing the problems. Guess I'll see my local AT&T guy as well.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by brgruell View Post
    I am running into the same thing with ATT as well. Started this weekend and has gotten worse the last two days. I am going to start uninstalling patches, but I have not really installed any lately which seem suspect. The only thing new "item" is a Mugen battery, which I would not think would be the cause.

Turning airline mode on and then off seems to get it going again, saving the painful reboot

I am in WI.
    I'm in Chicago IL
    thanks but I would like this to be fixed
    Is it AT&T?

Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    I've just been switching mine to airplane mode then switching it back. Saves a reboot.
    x2 It seems to be happening at least once a day (Sprint), I doctored my phone and it stopped doing it.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ev99wutang View Post
    I've been having this issue off and on for the past month or so. I have Sprint and this issue occurs even when using WiFi. I wonder if a patch is causing the issue because my wife has a Pre without patches and she isn't having this problem.
    No patches on my phone, I like my phone "naked."

Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by WrayMus View Post
    x2 It seems to be happening at least once a day (Sprint), I doctored my phone and it stopped doing it.
    I'd rather not doctor, I've had some bad experiences doctoring.

Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

12.    #12  
    Couldn't go to AT&T, too busy, I will go later this week though.
    -Danny

Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

13.    #13  
    Well luckily I'm still under warranty so i get a free replacement.
    Yay
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

+1 on this for me. Have had the problem for quite some time now. I flip airplane mode on and off to fix it, but it really is a pain. I've doctored, and that gave me a day problem free, but the issue came back. Anyone find a permanent solution yet?
    Hi all.
    I had the same issue on my GSM Pre Plus. Diconnects on Gtalk and no Internet until I switched to airplane mode and back on.
    But I brought my Pre to my local dealer and got it repaired. I have it back for 3 days and no error since. I will keep reporting...
    Pre+ GSM Europe w/ webOS 2.1

Having the same problem and it's a major nuisance. Going to Airplane mode fixes it also.

I suspect an open TCP connection that is not reset when the phone does a network switch, i.e. changes from WiFi to cellular, or even changes from UMTS to GRPS.

Why? Each app with Internet connection keeps its connection open. So I have several apps open. I move to another cell and my data connection changes from 3G to E. This is when often my Internet connection is lost. I close all apps with an open connection, Web, Calendar, Facebook, ... And the Internet is back! Sometimes this does not help. I assume a background app that still has a TCP connection open. Here, only Airplane toggle helps.

If my assumption is correct, I can only wonder why HP/Palm does not fix this, which should be very easy. Maybe the Palm guys don't use their phone on the road...
    Pre+EU.GSM.webOS.2.1
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I've got the same issue on Verizon. I just go in/out of airplane mode to get my data back. I'm getting a Pre3 so I'm just dealing with it for now.
    I just bought a palm pre plus on ebay to use on the page plus service..
    I am having a problem creating the palm profile.. palm says it's because there is no 3g on the top right of my phone.. but I have data on my plan .. i can't program the phone until i do the profile and can't do the profile until I program the phone.. ARG..
    I was told to tap on the phone icon on the touch screen .. i see the emergency call but when i tap on it.. it goes back to the profile screen .. I am about ready to toss the phone in the yard.. lol ... any help is appreciated..
    Thanks all ...
    This problem is very irritating on my Pre2. I used to have a Pre Plus on AT&T and I replaced it with the 2. An easier way to get back up and running is to have the advanced system menus patch and set the device menu to have data connection set to the bottom of the dropdown menu. Turning the data connection off then back on again restores data in the quickest way.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    I have the same problem.

I had it a while back, then I reset the phone and created a new profile and the problem went away. I even had all of the same software loaded.

I have now gone back to my original profile and the problem is back. Problem is, I forgot the info for the second profile I created.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast