1.    #1  
    so i was looking around and came to this Pre gets 1Ghz overclock; Custom kernels possible on Pixi | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community is this acutlly true and is it for the pre and can someone tell me the pros and cons if putting it on
    Yes, its true. If you have preware installed. Install uberKernal and govnah. Then use govnah to change your settings. Its proven to be safe so it shouldnt hurt anything. It makes your phone run so much faster. I recommend it.
    true
    pros:
    -fast
    -stable
    -easy to install and setup
    -less TMC errors
    cons:
    -kills battery life even more
    Also, it gives you options. If you dont want the full 1 GHz, you can set it to 800 MHz instead. And, if you dont like it, you can always uninstall it.
    Ive actually had better battery life with over clocking than I did without.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Also, it gives you options. If you dont want the full 1 GHz, you can set it to 800 MHz instead. And, if you dont like it, you can always uninstall it.
    great my dream just got fufuilled I've always wanted a 1ghz phone for sprint without buying a Android 4g phone and paying 10$ every month more, ATM i have a hero but in a few days ill get a Pre from ebay( it was first phone but I got a hero becuase a palm updated messed up the Sprint Apps on all 3 pres)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    true
    cons:
    -kills battery life even more
    Running screenstate 125mHz off/1GHz on, I've increased my battery life to about double what my stock Pre got.
    I've gotten a lot better battery time with the faster kernal than with stock. I couldn't handle the speed of this device without overclocking.
    i can tell you this: i have the 1.2GHz kernel running with 5 email accounts pushing to my pre. my battery drain with the phone just sitting there on my desk is about 8-10% an hour. i know it sucks, but i like the speed.
    Somewhere between 720GHz and 1GHz is the sweet spot for overclocking the Pre. In reality using the stock kernel can use more battery because it stalls, sputters and makes every task take that much longer.

Experiment and find out for yourself what works best.
    Yessss!!! For a Sprint Pre, it's the only way to go.
    All I will add to this is that my Sprint Pre from Aug. 2009 could not handle over 720MHz. Above that point it would get odd glitches here and there, but at 720 all was good. Since then I have upgraded it to a + and so far 1Ghz seems stable, although I rarely leave there and always seem to gravitate to 800MHz. In the end, if I was you, try out different speeds and see what works best for your device. Keep in mind that over-clocking voids your warranty and could lead to a shorter life span of the phone.
    I just wonder how long it will take, once 2.X hits older devices, to have a 2.x UK cause I don't know that I can use the phone without it.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    All I will add to this is that my Sprint Pre from Aug. 2009 could not handle over 720MHz. Above that point it would get odd glitches here and there, but at 720 all was good. Since then I have upgraded it to a + and so far 1Ghz seems stable, although I rarely leave there and always seem to gravitate to 800MHz. In the end, if I was you, try out different speeds and see what works best for your device. Keep in mind that over-clocking voids your warranty and could lead to a shorter life span of the phone.
    I just wonder how long it will take, once 2.X hits older devices, to have a 2.x UK cause I don't know that I can use the phone without it.
    Thats what I thought it'd shorten the life expentancy of my phone like overclocking a computer so I guess ill keep at 720MHZ i mean when I had the phone it was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    However, depending on when you bought your Pre the warranty may already be expired. And on top of that if you have insurance you would still be covered for broken, lost or damaged phones.
    Running mine at 1Ghz two weeks now

Question: Temp is always 30 to 32 C, whats the "danger zone" temperature?
    55* C is the danger zone by default, I believe. While on the charger in the car, running Sprint Navigation and streaming Pandora, my phone routinely hits 48* C at least when I'm at 1GHz.

Sad, but I have leather seats which stay cool so I rub the phone back on the seat for a while and it cools it down, hahaha. How wrong is that?
    So laying it on my heated leather is bad mmmkay LOL

Thanks so answer similar to my home PC cpu