Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    so my pre took a bath in the toilet. i let it marinate in rice over night and it powered up fine this morning. everything works great, except when i make a call, i cant be heard. i can here the other end perfectly. what are my options? are there secret water markers inside the phone? id hate to have to shell out $100 for a replacement from asurion. thanks in advance for any suggestions
    on the battery there's a "wet" test strip. It is white with red hash marks or plus signs or something to that effect. When it gets wet, the red marks bleed and the whole thing turns pink or red so they can tell that way. I suggest shelling out the $100 and get yourself a phone that works, whether it be a Pre or some other phone that you can get for $100 because as it stands now, it sounds like you have a phone that you can't use.

You could also try messing around with the headphone jack, try the solutions that are provided for "stuck in headset mode". Maybe somehow, when it got wet, it thinks there's a headset plugged in. Kind of a last resort option there but an idea nonetheless. Your mic could be FUBARed from the swimming lesson, as well.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    my battery does not have one of those marks. are there others inside the phone?
    I'm not sure about the phone, but on my battery it's almost beside the 3 copper connection strips. You could just play dumb and say you don't know why it isn't working and if they figure it out then you'll be out your $100 but that's up to you.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoneyct View Post
    my battery does not have one of those marks. are there others inside the phone?
    there are wet strips inside the phone.

Can they hear you when you use the wired headset? What about bluetooth?

if you are on Sprint, they have apparently gone to a $35 repair model. Sounds like you should put it back in rice for another 24 hours (battery out). If it is still a problem, there is probably a short or other damage to the microphone, and they can repair/replace that for you.