Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    just wondering what the best setting to have on uberkernal/govnah was.....i just downed it and I've go it at screenstate min500 max1ghz. What settings is best on batteryor in ur opinion est for it...and what one will do less harm to my processor. Any info would help. Thanks in advance.

sorry for the typos. I know you wil know what I am trying to say
    Last edited by ronnatki; 01/04/2011 at 11:34 PM.
    What is est?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    BEST*

sorry millworkman
    Its ok, I was just getting a little confused.
    Just stick with the screenstate 500/1000 and you'll be fine. Don't worry, your CPU is perfectly safe and you might even see improved battery life.
    125/1000 gives me the best battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Yes that would give the best battery life... but not all Pre can run stable at <500MHz.
    Live free or DIE!
    I use the 500/1000 setting. If you have a touchstone, setting it on there will drop it down the minimum you have it on if you have it on a screen state setting. I, personally still do stuff on my Pre while its on the touchstone so I couldnt handle it less than 500. When its at 1GHz, it just feels nice and snappy. As far as battery life goes, I couldnt help. I have my charger at work with me all day so I dont have a battery problem.
    So you guys don't have buggy-ness with the screen state profiles?

I swear unless i use fixed, my phone after a few hours of use comes to a crawl (worse than stock speeds) and when checking Govnah, the profile reverted back to "unknown 500"
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    So you guys don't have buggy-ness with the screen state profiles?

I swear unless i use fixed, my phone after a few hours of use comes to a crawl (worse than stock speeds) and when checking Govnah, the profile reverted back to "unknown 500"
    The only time my phone reverts back to the unknown 500 profile is sometimes when I restart my phone. Other than that, I have not encountered any buggy-ness.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I personally run my Pre (minus) at 125/800. I've noticed that 1000 gets a little buggy for me. As mentioned above though, not all Pres can run <500, such as my wife's. I have hers running at 500/800. We both have Touchstones at work, car and home chargers, so we really don't have battery life issues. Best advice I can give is to just monitor it with different settings and choose the best one for you.
    Last edited by brandonp2; 01/05/2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    my phone died today at 500/1000 from 6am till about seven it'll be at 30percent or a little less...today after installing the overclock stuff it died........any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    im set the same way and get decent bat life... unless im playing my snes emulator all day :P
    250/1000 screenstate with some voltage tweeks and what not. runs like a champ with awesome battery life.... compared to normal i suppose.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnatki View Post
    my phone died today at 500/1000 from 6am till about seven it'll be at 30percent or a little less...today after installing the overclock stuff it died........any ideas?
    You'll need to be a little more specific as to what you mean by died. Did the battery die?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Dr. Battery? might be something to look into
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    the phone died due to the battery being sucked up because of the govnuh thing. This has never happened until I downloaded the apps
    run dr. battery, see what the health is AFTER u calibrate and possibly replace your battery.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    250/1000 screenstate with some voltage tweeks and what not. runs like a champ with awesome battery life.... compared to normal i suppose.
    I think what I'm asking is what ronnatki wanted to beginwith. You said you did some "tweaks and what not" what were the they, like what is your:
    voltage
    compcache
    l/O scheduler
    TCP congestion

thx
    screenstate 250/1000
    1ghz. voltage 1325
    250mhz. voltage 925
    compcache 24MB

and i left it at cfq and cubic but ive had good luck with deadline and westwood.

edit: im trying to go lower on the 250mhz. voltage, and 1325 was the lowest i could go on the 1ghz without it rebooting.
    Last edited by bradenfontaine; 01/05/2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: clarification
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast