1.    #1  
    This started one day ago and has not stopped. In areas I have always had full 3G bars (at work, home etc.), my Pre minus has been switching to 2G (1x) randomly for a few seconds to a few minutes and then switching back to 3G. This happens without moving. I am pooping right now and watching my EV icon switch to 1x. I have rebooted and it still does it. This slows down my activity quite a bit. I have had seven Pre's and have had my current one for a few months and this is the first time I have seen this. Any idea why this is happening all of a sudden?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    crappy reception in the crapper? (pun very much intended)
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    I too have experienced this off and on for the past several months and it's been draining my batteries. I've also had several dropped calls. Someone here mentioned that it could be related to Sprint's new 4G service.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    In all seriousness, I've been having similar issues in the sense of slowdowns. I can see that I've got EV but the effective thruput is about the same as 1X. This last happened to me while waiting at the AUS airport (tethered). I chukked it to bad backbone in Austin, but it's happened to me in the SFO area as well. Starting to suspect that Sprint's backbone might not be so sturdy after all.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Have you tried updating the network settings and PRL?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Have you tried updating the network settings and PRL?
    That is what I was going to recommend, my wife's Pre was having those issues, but updating both of those seems to have fixed the issue.... Open the phone app, go to "Preferences", click "Update PRL" and when that is done click "Update Network Settings". I don't know if it matters what order you do the two updates, but that's the order I always do it in.
  7.    #7  
    I have not tried updating the network settings or PRL only because I have modified the MMG IP, MMG port and buffer size to maximize my 3G connection and didn't want to somehow reset those figures, as I have since misplaced my MSL number. I guess I will be trying this later tonight though, as it is pretty annoying at this point. Thanks yall for the input!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I have not tried updating the network settings or PRL only because I have modified the MMG IP, MMG port and buffer size to maximize my 3G connection and didn't want to somehow reset those figures, as I have since misplaced my MSL number. I guess I will be trying this later tonight though, as it is pretty annoying at this point. Thanks yall for the input!
    Meh, doesn't really take too much effort to get your MSL number again. Either way, those settings aren't working right now from what you've reported.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Either way, those settings aren't working right now from what you've reported.
    haha, truer words have never been spoken. I did the PRL and network settings update and it fixed the problem!
    I have noticed the exact same thing in the Denver area. EVDO goes on, works for a few seconds, then switches to 1X. Strangely it seems to happen more in the DTC area, not so much in the LoHi, Wash Park areas. This seems to have just started 2 days ago.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    where do you find your current PRL?
    Just open phone app,then drop down menu,settings or one of them options u will see option to update prl,just hit it and wait for it to be done.you started having your issue about same day a forum member anounced that it was time to update prl.while u are in same set of options,can't hurt to hit update network also.

Evo-lution
    I just called Sprint Customer service and there is an EVDO outage in Denver, it started on Friday and is scheduled to be fixed on 1/6 at 12:20pm MST. She said customers reporting spotty EVDO coverage in the following area codes 80202, 80204, 80211.
    Just an update, EVDO in Denver is back up as scheduled. I had perfect data connection on the way to work today. Hopefully it is back up for you.