1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I have a quick question: would the palm pre plus screen work on a regular palm pre?

The digitizer on my screen cracked last night when I slid it open and I'd rather pay $40 on a new screen than $100 on a replacement phone. I see some screens on ebay for the verizon and att pres, but I have the sprint pre.

Anybody know if those screens would work with my phone??

Thanks!
    They are different in the gesture area, due to the Pre+s not having the button.

You also have to replace the entire screen, not just the top digitizer part, since it is almost impossible to properly and evenly spread the fluid between the pieces.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Hmm... If I replace the entire top piece (both the digitizer and the LCD), would the different lcd / digitizer / lack of a button conflict with drivers...?
    If you have both a pre minus and a plus, you're better off just plussing your pre minus. It may look intimidating, but it's not all that difficult.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ion-guide.html
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  5.    #5  
    Hmm... I see a pre plus on ebay for $60. I'll probably end up getting that and making myself a sprint pre plus
    Thanks for the link :]

In the meantime, I'm going to try another sprint store and see if I can convince someone to replace this phone haha

Thanks, guys

EDIT: Sprint was useless. I just ordered the Pre Plus. I'll get started on the conversion as soon as it arrives. Once again, thanks, guys.
    Last edited by DarkAardvark; 01/04/2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAardvark View Post
    Hmm... If I replace the entire top piece (both the digitizer and the LCD), would the different lcd / digitizer / lack of a button conflict with drivers...?
    What do you intend to do with the button? That isn't attached to the screen. So, if you pop the screen off, the button is still going to be there. It juts out from a small hole. I don't think trying to mash it down and cover it with a different screen is going to be a good idea.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7.    #7  
    I just did the Sprint Pre Plus conversion. Pretty awesome stuff :]
    I love these phones haha