1.    #1  
    So I finally decided to get a palm pre(not completly 100%), It's the only phone thats affordable to me on ebay NEW palm pre for under 200$. Even if a new palm phone comes out this januaray I wont be able to get it without a upgrade so I have decided to stick with my first phone my pre ( had problems with sprnt navigation at one webOS update so got the hero) Anyone know what I should do, Know any guides to putting on Preware and what patches I should get. Tips on saving battery life and etc. Apps to use
    well you have definitely come to the right place!! You'll find all that info right here. Probably the easiest way to find that stuff is to use the search function on this sight. Enjoy your Pre and welcome!!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Patches are your friend (and so is PreWare).
    Welcome to the world of webOS. There is also good info here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html

Enjoy your phone!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    welcome
    as stated, Preware needs to become your new friend and soulmate. Read and search, and follow the guides mentioned in previous threads. At a minimum, you need to get your Pre up to 800mhz or even 1ghz at which point you will love it even more.

Then, you can patch away your phone (using Preware) to pretty much behave the way you want it to. The battery life is a known issue--it sucks. A program called Mode Switcher allows you to define modes for your phone, so if you are not constantly surfing and checking email, you could disable data so that your battery is not constantly draining. The possibilities go on and on. Animated backgrounds for your phone, your top bar, sounds, etc, etc.

Just do us all a favor. Attempt an honest and thorough search before asking. While most people (as you've noticed) are very willing to help, most replies WILL end with a sarcastic line asking you to use the search button. By the same token, use that THANKS button at the bottom of replies to thank people.

Good luck, be patient, and be Prepared.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    If you are planning to Patch your new treasure, be aware that we may soon see webOS 2.0.X. Most of the current patches may not work with the new OS, so you may wish to wait for the next webOS update before starting to patch.

Good luck and Welcome!

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    If you are planning to Patch your new treasure, be aware that we may soon see webOS 2.0.X. Most of the current patches may not work with the new OS, so you may wish to wait for the next webOS update before starting to patch.

Good luck and Welcome!

I think the OP should go ahead and patch/overclock now. Palm usually says when they've submitted an update to the carriers, and I haven't seen anything that says carriers have any 2.x updates in their hands.

The cool thing about webOS is it's so easy to overclock and patch, and it's so easy to wipe it clean with WOS Doctor and start over.

I'm sure the OP has several months ahead to learn what he can do with Preware, UberKernel, etc. It's just to easy not to do at least some things, especially overclocking. IMHO
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Well I would personally recommend checking out the game paper basketball, the free version is here - Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further. but I am bias
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ted-guide.html

EDIT: Oh, and to be on topic, welcome!
    Last edited by sinime; 01/05/2011 at 04:25 PM.
    Welcome! We are happy to have you as a member!!

My Themes:CLICK HERE