1.    #1  
    Removed this post due break of the license agreement with Palm. Look somewhere else.

Regards,
    Julian
    As a legitimate developer... why would you be interested in using or promoting an illegally distributed "hacked rom"?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    As I comment in my video I'll show what you will miss when you upgrade to the hacked rom without that you need to do it yourself. And as always also as a dev I'm interested in keeping the community going.

Last but not least Palm promised to upgrade the old Pre's also. So I guess and hope Palm won't be that angry with me to show this one off.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    As I comment in my video I'll show what you will miss when you upgrade to the hacked rom without that you need to do it yourself. And as always also as a dev I'm interested in keeping the community going.

Last but not least Palm promised to upgrade the old Pre's also. So I guess and hope Palm won't be that angry with me to show this one off.
    Promoting an illegally distributed hacked rom is not necessary to keep the community going, nor is it necessarily in its best interest either. Software that comes through un-official means is difficult to support and there are many apps and patches that have not yet been tested/updated to work with said software. These people will find their way here or contact devs directly and be asking for support without disclosing what they are doing and will lead to many wasted hours in efforts to assist them. I am pretty sure I have seen some of it already.

And lastly... Palm has legitimate means and programs for developers to have early access to the necessary tools for app development and testing so that when Palm is ready to release said operating systems the support infrastructure will be in place. Those programs require the signing of a Non Disclosure Agreement (it does have legal teeth). That would seem to indicate to me, they would in fact be angry with your efforts to circumvent their processes and procedures. They don't need your assistance in making good on their promises.
  5.    #5  
    Okay I'll get your point and this is my opinion too. But I don't understand why precentral's blog posts a video on the front page showing off the hacked rom. Showing Users that it is possible and tell the name of the "hacker" which you only need to enter at google and then will find the patched rom. Where is the sense in that? Plus WebOS 2.0 is already running on the Pre2. So it's not that WebOS 2.0 is a beta system anymore.

Thanks for you time and sorry. I removed the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    Okay I'll get your point and this is my opinion too. But I don't understand why precentral's blog posts a video on the front page showing off the hacked rom. Showing Users that it is possible and tell the name of the "hacker" which you only need to enter at google and then will find the patched rom. Where is the sense in that? Plus WebOS 2.0 is already running on the Pre2. So it's not that WebOS 2.0 is a beta system anymore.

Thanks for you time and sorry. I removed the post.
    Thank you for being sensitive to the issue. You have a particular vested interest as a developer that has apps in the app catalog.

PreCentral, webOS roundup and other news cites are not quite the same as individuals. Particularly since they are not under the same agreements that end users and or developers are. Although there has been much debate over the issue of reporting such things.

Also, as the proud owner of a Pre 2 I can assure you what is being distributed is not what is on the Pre 2.