1.    #1  
    I am new to all this preware but I had no problems getting it installed on my palm pre. I started adding patches like the signature and timestamp for my messages but now when I add the symbols for the smiley faces in a text message to someone it does not change it but leaves just the characters, no actual face. Please help. Is there another step I need to do first?
    Luslips
    Quote Originally Posted by luslips View Post
    I am new to all this preware but I had no problems getting it installed on my palm pre. I started adding patches like the signature and timestamp for my messages but now when I add the symbols for the smiley faces in a text message to someone it does not change it but leaves just the characters, no actual face. Please help. Is there another step I need to do first?
    The smilely image won't show up until you send the message and it also won't show up unless you have a space before the smiley and a space after the smiley.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    I think the space was the problem cause they suddenly appeared after several attempts at sending messages to myself . THANKS!!
    Luslips
    Quote Originally Posted by luslips View Post
    I think the space was the problem cause they suddenly appeared after several attempts at sending messages to myself . THANKS!!
    There is a "Thanks" button to the bottom right of every post. Feel free to use it as you deem appropriate.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    They also don't show up in notifications.
    One of the things I really liked was warlord's animated emoticons. The little green Android dudes are just not as much fun.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    From what I reat the Animated emoticons could only been seen when sending to someone who also has a pre. Is that true? or can you send it to anyone?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion01 View Post
    From what I reat the Animated emoticons could only been seen when sending to someone who also has a pre. Is that true? or can you send it to anyone?
    The app I used gave me the choice of what device your sending so it will work. Options were to a Pre/Pixi, or any other smart phone..
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion01 View Post
    With warlord's patch, they are only animated if the other person has a Pre with the same patch installed, however, on all other phones, they will show up as regular emoticons.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!