Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hello Friends

I need a valuable help from the awesome experts in the PreCentral community.

Am a Pre fan and have been using Pre for the last 1.5 years on Sprint.

Recently my Pre seems to have been "possessed" , but don't know which ghost.

Let me know if there is any way to shoo away the ghost from my Pre and make it work as before.

Every now and then I find that my Pre automatically opens up any application on its own. Its a beautiful phenomenon to see, but scary. It dials some random number, opens up the messaging app. Even when am on a call with someone, it tries to conference in some other random number.

When we touch the screen, we usually see a soft circle on the screen right? That is what I see Pre doing on its own.

Also there are couple of dead spots on my screen. Especially where the "Mute" and "zero" button area is when the phone application is open.

Any recommendation on how to get rid of this ghost? It has started to happen often.

Pls help, I don't want to buy a Android or any other phone from Sprint
    Take a look at this thread as it may be the same thing that is happening to you:

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/252309-palm-pre-touching-itself.html
    Call a exorcist. Thats weird. lol
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Switch to Android if you want an android phone but my wife's Android phone (Cliq) did the same thing. We replaced the screen protector and it stopped doing it. I don't know if that was really the cause but it stopped. Can something on the screen protector such as make up cause this? It was odd to watch when it was happening.
    probably not a screen protector issue. Did you check the thread posted above?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    probably not a screen protector issue. Did you check the thread posted above?
    Not sure if you meant me or the OP but no, I did not read the thread. I was just reporting that it happens on other phones and not just Pres. I agree that it likely wasn't screen protector related but when we changed it on her phone the activity stopped. Just reporting what worked for us but it certainly could be a coincidence.
    I've had that happen when the phone overheated and when there was condensation on the screen.

Both are things to check, just in case.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Take a look at this thread as it may be the same thing that is happening to you:

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/252309-palm-pre-touching-itself.html
    Thank you so much. I was afraid that my phone was the only one that got possessed.

But that post too hasn't provided a concrete solution. Looks like several people have this problem, but no answer
    I solved mine, when it was overheating, by Doctoring my phone.

It's worth a try, before you resort to contacting your carrier for a repair or replacement. Just remember to back up everything, first.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I solved mine, when it was overheating, by Doctoring my phone.

It's worth a try, before you resort to contacting your carrier for a repair or replacement. Just remember to back up everything, first.
    Oh, Thanks for the hope you have given me. I will give it a serious try
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Verwon

Did you see any dead squares when you run the screen test. I have a few dead squares when I ran ##TEST# as suggested in the other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by premr View Post
    Verwon

Did you see any dead squares when you run the screen test. I have a few dead squares when I ran ##TEST# as suggested in the other thread.
    No, I had no dead areas on the screen. Even though I am no longer using it, the screen on my Pre is still just fine. I've kept it for an emergency backup phone.
    It is a known problem with the pre. Although I've only experienced it on 1 Plus, both before and after I plussed my Sprint Pre, my bro in law experienced it on his original Pre. MyPre freaked out after I played with the voltages in Govnah, but he has only used Uber without any further tweaks. I haven't been able to find a solution or a reason for the problem. The phone I'm currently using has it occur randomly, but his had the problem almost with almost every use, rendering it unusable. Digitizer? Processor? Ghosts? Dunno, and I haven't heard anyone from webOS Internals chie in on it either.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html