1.    #1  
    I have to replace my daughter pixi so I got a used Palm Pre. I call sprint and the switched it but I can't log into the Palm profile. With several calls to sprint...they don't have a clue. I noticed that I am missing the MSID and the NAI is wrong.

Can someone help me?
    All you need is the ESN. Sprint can give you a code to put in your phone to reset it so your data connection will work for activation and profile load/creation. I have done it several times with used devices.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Can''t help you, but I can recommend to everyone, never, never never accept a refurbished Pre. There is a reason that they had to be refurbished and it has become apparent to us that for what ever reason they were returned, they were not fixed! I have had my Pre for 18 months with virtually no problems. My wife has had hers for not quite a year and the power button stopped functioning. Repair could not fix it so it was replaced. 1 day later a cracked screen appeared, making it nonop. It was replaced and one day later the phone went into a mode where it has to be reset about 3 times a day. In the process of all this the Techs said that had transferred all the contacts, but they lost about 50% of about 500. In addition all of the Calendar Data which was on the phone has been lost. The most important part is the Business Data History that was represented by that Data was to be used for tax purposes. The Data is gone and there is no way to replace it. Sprint sales folks do not let you know the jeopardy that you are in when so start using the phone, so your not aware of the potential problems. But refurbished phones only lead to more disappointment. Yes I recognize that it is our responsibility to protect ourselves, but apparently that is not enough in the current world of technology. I would recommend to everyone, not to put out the money for insurance, but be prepared to pony us for a new phone, once yours is damaged, lost, etc., because those free replacements are loaded with problems, which will bring you a lot of heartache!!!
    @Brasado

Your contact and calendar data is part of your Palm profile and Sprint doesn't have anything to do with that. If you call Palm support and let them know what happened and when it happened they could have/can roll(ed) your profile back to a point where your contacts and calendar data were still there.

I have done it.

Also, free replacements come from the manufacturer warranty. The paid TEP insurance is for lost/stolen/damaged phones.

I know some have had bad luck with refurbs but I have had a lot of replacements and all have been fine.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 01/03/2011 at 12:10 AM.
    Sprint will have to have you reset the phone with the MSL.

Happened to both used Pres I had to activate, too.

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    pastorrich1,
    Thanks for the information! Regardless of which pot it comes from, the problem is still real.

I will try the Palm approach for my wife's phone. She is pretty frustrated at the moment!

Thanks again,
    Brasado
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    pastorrich1,
    Maybe you can explain the difference between the Palm Profile Contacts and the Google Contacts DB. The Sprint Store Rep was telling my wife that she didn't have he syncing set up right and that was why she couldn't get her contacts back. Furthermore she had to do manual syncing.

Can you explain what that is all about. Or tell me where to find a discussion or explanation.....

Thanks
    The biggest difference in contacts accounts is with the Palm Profile you can only manage your contacts from your phone. Palm maintains the backup and can potentially restore lost contacts due to a corrupt profile.

With any other contact account, you can manage on the phone or on the web/pc. You then assume full responsibility for ensuring you have an accurately syncd copy that resides somewhere other than the phone just in case the phone fails.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    How about the calender? Is Google the only backup for that?
    same thing, you set which account is default for calendar and contacts.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks
  12.    #12  
    I got the phone activated today. Called Sprint again and this time the girl had me do a Master reset with ##7xxxxx#(can't remember the numbers). Well after that it program fine and I was able to log into plam profile.