1.    #1  
    All,

I've got an old Pre that I've had since the week it came out. LOVE'd webOS but the hardware just got too long in the tooth for me so I had to migrate to the Epic...mixed feelings at this point.

My Problem: I rebooted my Pre the other day after attempting to upgrade a few of my apps (I plan to use the Pre as a PDA and my son love playing Angry Birds). after the reboot my phone said it was no longer associated with my Palm Profile. When I enter my Palm credentials (confirmed they are correct by logging into the Palm.Com site and checking my profile) it tells me "Sign In Failed - You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in..." I have a home wifi that the phone use to be connected to but I'm afraid the settings have been wiped and I can't figure out how to get access so I can let it connect to my wifi.

Does anyone have any suggestions???
    you need to look up the threads on meta-doctor and I think "first use" to find the workarounds because you can't log in the normal way unless you are active on the carrier network.

The homebrew community has come up with some handy tools to make it easier to do this. Palm also offers a tool to do this, but it isn't as capable.
  3.    #3  
    Cantaffordit - Thanks for the quick response. I'll begin my search, you wouldn't by chance know of a specific Thread would you? (Just checking, I'm capable of doing my own searches though)

Thanks again.
    I am looking, but I haven't done it myself so it may take me a bit. I'll race ya!
  5.    #5  
    Found the following Thread (can't post Link cuz my post count is too low):

Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide (bypass carrier activation, etc.)

Reading now, seems painful (i can handle it, just not the webOS Installer easy type solution I was hoping for)
    Also, until you have 10 meaningful posts, you can't see links, so you probably will have to copy/paste these:

Palm's solution:
    developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2051&Itemid=21

Homebrew threads
    forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/269972-patch-enable-profile-creation-activation-bypassed-device-1-4-5-a.html

forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/207472-webos-internals-meta-doctor.html

if you have questions, you should probably post in those threads where the active members will see them more easily. The Palm solution is the easiest but least flexible. I think the Bypass tool works in conjunction with that. Happy reading.
  7.    #7  
    Spectacular! I can't wait for the PalmPad or some other enhanced bit of hardware to reinvigorate the webOS movement, Android and iOS are worthless and no fun.
    I just sent you a PM.
    the easiest way is to just to add the phone back to your sprint acct. Long enough to load your profile then add your Epic back. Your pre will be able to make app cat purchases and get OTA updates all over wifi.
    Won't he get signed out of his profile once it is no longer associated with his account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Won't he get signed out of his profile once it is no longer associated with his account?
    Nah, I swapped back and forth many times when I tried EVO and Epic back in August/September. Kept my Pre alive the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.hamil10@gmail.com View Post
    Cantaffordit - Thanks for the quick response. I'll begin my search, you wouldn't by chance know of a specific Thread would you? (Just checking, I'm capable of doing my own searches though)

Thanks again.
    Matt, I need you to check your private message from me. We need to change your member name...