Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DriowOwsUv View Post
    For those of you that are interested check out the link in my first post to see considerably updated instructions. I've successfully completed the instructions on the webos (copy and pasting) into the terminal both using novaterm and ssh and the following configurations:

ppp0 (EVDO)<->usb0
    eth0(Wi-Fi)<->usb0

I've also included instructions on how to restore your phones iptables rules and dnsmasq settings after you are finished tethering.

There's also an interesting link on reverse tethering in the references someone else did last last year.

The instructions also appear to work just fine regardless of developer mode status.
    Just a heads up... at least on some carriers, the webOS connection manager service will continuously disable ip_forward. And on webOS 2.0 will also iptables -t nat --flush.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Just a heads up... at least on some carriers, the webOS connection manager service will continuously disable ip_forward. And on webOS 2.0 will also iptables -t nat --flush.
    I suspected this might be the case when I noticed ip_forward being shut off under certain conditions on my phone. I'd like to know which carriers / phones / versions are affected and will document this and whatever workarounds can be reached.

I've even seen some older posts where the ability to do NAT was not included in the kernel build.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriowOwsUv View Post
    I also have not successfully gotten freetether to work and refuse to pay anyone for something that can be accomplished with free software.
    freeTether is FREE software.
    You must be confused with MyTether

Two completely different applications.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    freeTether is FREE software.
    You must be confused with MyTether

Two completely different applications.
    Actually no i'm not confused, I was trying to reference both without naming the one you have to pay for.

I've been trying to get freetether for some time now. Here's the best link I can come up with.

Application:FreeTether - WebOS Internals

However, the wget message doesn't work. I suspect it may have been taken down for copyright reasons ( the file is a patched com.palm.app.mobilehotspot file). I've played a little with the preware stuff but haven't had much luck there yet

If you have a better website for freetether install instructions please suggest it. I'd like to give it a whirl.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12