1.    #1  
    Until doubleTwist fixes their lowercase issue with playlists that makes them unusable on the Palm Pixi, Pre, and Veer phones, I have created a little script that will correct the casing. Simply connect your phone in "USB Drive" mode and run the script. It will ask you for the drive letter of your device, make a backup copy of your playlists on your phone, and correct your current playlists. Your music folder on your phone will contain both the backup copy and the new playlists. It takes about 15 seconds to run for 1000 songs. So you can run this script after each sync from doubleTwist.

Eventually, I'm sure doubleTwist will fix the issue in their app themselves. But until then...the script is in the "FixLists.zip" attachment. Or email me at "thebentwoods-brian" to my att.net email account and I will mail you the script. (I can't post my email until I submit 10 or more threads). You'll be able to see the contents of the script in case you are worried about it. Its just VBScript. Works great on my phone(s). I have both a Pre + and a Veer.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Unzip and put these two files wherever you want (as long as they are in the same directory).
    2. Plug in your Palm Pixi, Pre +, Pre 2, or Veer as "USB Mode".
    3. Double click the unzipped "FixLists.bat" file (this can't be run from within the ZIP file). It will ask you for the drive letter AND if you have webOS version 2.x or above. On mine it is letter "J" when I plug it in via USB. Your Pixi/Pre + will have webOS version 1.4.5 and the Pre 2 or Veer will be 2.x and above.

That is it. Let me know how it goes and please leave a reply on this forum so others know it works.

Regards,
    Brian
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by thebentwoods; 06/27/2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Add an Attachment of the script with instructions so people don't need to wait for me to reply via email.
    After a DoubleTwist sync, my playlists were showing up on my Pixi, but only one song per playlist would appear. So I tried Brian's newly created program. Only took a few seconds to download and run, and presto, all of my songs suddenly appeared (and played!) in my playlists. Follow his simple instructions and DoubleTwist will work perfectly for syncing playlists on to your Pixi or Pre. Great solution, Brian!
    This was the ticket to finally getting playlists on my pre.
    Thanks, Brian!
    This Works Great! Thanks Brian for this solution. Now I can get all of my Beatles Playlists on the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebentwoods View Post
    Until doubleTwist fixes their lowercase issue with playlists that makes them unusable on the Palm Pre, I have created a little script that will correct the casing. Simply connect your phone in "USB Drive" mode and run the script. It will ask you for the drive letter of your device, make a backup copy of your playlists on your phone, and correct your current playlists. Your music folder on your phone will contain both the backup copy and the new playlists. It takes about 15 seconds to run for 1000 songs. So you can run this script after each sync from doubleTwist.

Eventually, I'm sure doubleTwist will fix the issue in their app themselves. But until then...if you want this script - just email me at "thebentwoods-brian" to my att.net email account and I will mail you the script. (I can't post my email until I submit 10 or more threads). You'll be able to see the contents of the script in case you are worried about it. Its just VBScript. Works great on my phone.

Regards,
    Brian
    Where do I find this script?
    Thanks for the script to fix the playlists! I've tried renaming the music folder so the music player rescans but I still can't see the playlists in the player (stock or remix). Any clues? Thanks
    Brian - thank you so much for the e-mail reply and the instructions. Took me less than 1 minute to follow and fix. Works Great! Appreciate it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by thane777 View Post
    Thanks for the script to fix the playlists! I've tried renaming the music folder so the music player rescans but I still can't see the playlists in the player (stock or remix). Any clues? Thanks

Sorry - I just got around to checking this post. You'll have to explain more about what is happening. Are you renaming the music folder on your pre or on your computer? You should not have to rename anything except the "txt" file I sent you becasue its really a zip file. But it needs to be a txt to be sent via email.

You literally just run the "bat" file.
    Brian sent me the script and it worked as described. Very easy.

Thanks for the solution, Brian.
    Thanks Brian,

The script did the job on my Palm Pre. I had to wipe the music folder first as there was something strange when I ran the script originally ---No Playlist. Re-synced with doubletwist and then ran the script again... it WORKED!!!
  11.    #11  
    I uploaded the scripts as an attachment so no one needs to email me anymore. This script works on the Pixi, Pre+, Pre2, and Veer.
    I can't find the DoubleTwist download / IPK file, can someone please point me to it?

Many thanks.
  13.    #13  
    Its not an IPK. Its a windows .bat file that you execute each time after you sync your phone with DoubleTwist. The .bat file will ask for the version of webOS and also the drive letter of your phone. It will take a few seconds to run and correct the playlist files on your phone. Then you unplug your phone as normal.