1.    #1  
    So, I went to bed a little after 3a (Mountain Time) and got up a little before 6a to take my fianceé to work. I reached to grab my Pre Plus (Verizon) from my Touchstone beside my bed, and I saw I had this weird, really long notification message showing saying that I had been signed out of my Palm Profile and the phone required a reboot.

So I hit the Restart button it provided, put it in my pocket and went on. Now I'm home and I see it has finished rebooting only to give me a new message (like I'm in the hidden First Run app) stating, again, that I have been signed out of my Palm Profile and I can either hit the "Reboot button" or the "Erace all data" button.

Unlike the first time where this error message was just a notification, now after the reboot, I am not able to do anything with the OS except hit one of these two provided buttons. So after rebooting this time, I AM thrown back into the First Run (or whatever it's called) app which has me select my language and sign into my Palm Profile, Google, and facebook.

So now I am back to a fresh 1.4.5, it looks like. None of my homebrew apps are here. No Preware and no Govnah, which really hurts since it's restorin all my Google and facebook accounts and all my apps, which slows the phone down to a crawl. And I have A LOT of apps (around 100 paid apps alone) and all my data within these apps is gone. My SMS history is wiped (which hurts because I reference that a lot of information exchanged between friends).

So...yeah, I'm a litte ****ed. I don't understand why this happened. I assume it was a glitch at Palm that signed me out and caused all this. Very frustrating. I haven't ran Save/Restore in quite a while since I never have problems like this.
    So m question is, am I the only one?
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Sounds to me like the problem some of us (me too) had couple of month ago;
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...overnight.html.
    Never had it since.
  3.    #3  
    Ahh, so I'm not the only one. But looking at the time frame and variety of users (some into homebew; some not), it looks like it's just a random glitch from Palm, which is all the more frustrating that it's not something we did to ourselves. I could understand if I accidentally signed myself out and brought all this down on myself, but my phone was just sitting on the touchstone overnight. I assume this happened during the regular backup every night.
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    it happened to me yesterday, too. I am also on VZW.
    haven't had it happen in a long time (may 2010), but it happened three times in the same day. Very frustrating to be sure.
    I don't know if it's related but after I send a PM to HardBeatZ as requested it didn't happen again.
    This happened to me in early November, but... All of my apps but one show back up and all of my info was there passwords and all.
    Just happened to me! I am completely clean of my homebrew apps. I'll have to refresh my memory on how to install preware, etc.
    Yep it happened to me about 1-2 weeks ago. I was wondering why I couldn't access the App Catalog anymore when the popup came. Visited the doctor and I'm back ! (without homebrews and warthog)
    it just happened to me after attempting to install Youview Voicemail just last night. Very frustrating! Now I get the Download Failed message on several of the apps I attempt to reinstall, including Youview Voicemail. I paid for that app! Not to mention the now wasted hours spent searching through & downloading Preware apps. Didn't use Save/Restore . I will now. Can anyone help?
    This has been happening to me the for the last two days since I switched to the Verizon Pre Plus from the Sprint Pre. But I may also be courting disaster, as I am trying to bring over my Sprint Palm Pre account database to keep my text messages. I suspect this may be a bridge to far; however, from the experience of others in this thread, this may not be the problem.
    I'm on the fence about keeping the Pre Plus or going back to the Pre on Sprint. Up until two days ago, I never had this profile problem. Not it has happened to me 5 times. If I go back to Sprint, what are the odds that this problem will follow me back?
    The text messages thing definitely has something to do with it.

When I migrated from my Pre Classic to my Pre Plus, I had the same issue when trying to restore the SMS DB.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    I'm on the fence about keeping the Pre Plus or going back to the Pre on Sprint. Up until two days ago, I never had this profile problem. Not it has happened to me 5 times. If I go back to Sprint, what are the odds that this problem will follow me back?
    Pretty sure it has something to with HP/Palm it happened to me last year if you check out the thread whole bunch of people were affected in that time frame.
    ToniCipriani, I have had about 3 replacement Sprint Pre's and moved my text messages over each time without this error. I am wondering if there is a higher susceptibility of Pre Plus' over Pre's?
    This is really a pain, as I have to Doctor the phone each time and then upgrade to 1.4.5 to get Preware working correctly again.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    ToniCipriani, I have had about 3 replacement Sprint Pre's and moved my text messages over each time without this error. I am wondering if there is a higher susceptibility of Pre Plus' over Pre's?
    Don't forget you're technically using different hardware, so a different doctor.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yes, I am using the Verizon Doctor.
    happened to me last week...around 3:15 am pacif. time...had to sign in to profile & set up as if it were the first time...everything came back (i have no homebrew ) and it fixed the problem I had with app catalog & my own apps being stuck & unable to update or download. I have noticed my pre has glitches & freezes it never had before...maybe a cooincidence?
    I Doctored and did not copy over my old account database. It's been stable thus far.