1.    #1  
    Hey guys, so I took a shower with my Pre in the sink drawer, and when I took it out (it was humid) the items in my messages list (threads, individual texts) now appear to have been shaded grey. Also my phone app is now now totally black and white (almost like its themed) except with the same green call symbol.

I tried pulling the battery, to no avail, and I have no theme installed. Should I doctor this thing? Btw I can post screenshots when I get home. Also, just to restate this, no other UI element has been altered.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

***Solution***
    this is apparently what happens when you have the Animated Backgrounds patch installed without a .gif in your wallpaper directory oops

PICTURES BELOW
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shanshor; 01/02/2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added Pics, More description
    have you tried drying it out?

Some people bury it in uncooked rice for a few days (you can also put the rice inside a small mesh bag with holes and then seal it and the pre in a bag)

or

perhaps use those small bags that are packed with electronics sometimes in order to take out humidity (i think they are called silica gel dessicant and you may be able to buy them on Amazon).

Don't power on the pre until you have dried it out.

If that doesn't work you may need to swap the phone.
    there is a little strip under the battery that will change if it gets wet. Look to see if that shows moisture damage. Then take out the battery, and leave the back off to let it sit in a bag of rice for about two days...

also, if you can take a few screen captures, that would be interesting to see...
    To go slightly offtopic, if you want a new look without borking your phone, try looking at it with those 3-D glasses they give you for 3-D movies in theaters. At least for my Pre-, it looks very cool.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the advice guys. But I think its more of a coincidental software issue. The display isn't permanently discolored. Just in those two apps. Have you heard of this happening before?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    sounds strange, can you post screen shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    To go slightly offtopic, if you want a new look without borking your phone, try looking at it with those 3-D glasses they give you for 3-D movies in theaters. At least for my Pre-, it looks very cool.
    That's very similar to looking at my Pre with my polarized sunglasses while I'm drivng. I just went and grabbed a pair of those 3D glasses and checked Those polarized glasses also make vehicle window glass have a checkered look to it. (this hijack session is now officially complete)
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the hijack guys

No but seriously haha i added two screenshots
    As you can see, the items in the messaging app are 'highlighted' and the phone is black. i mean BLACK lol. No other UI elements have been changed! Any ideas? Thanks
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is a little strip under the battery that will change if it gets wet. Look to see if that shows moisture damage. Then take out the battery, and leave the back off to let it sit in a bag of rice for about two days...

also, if you can take a few screen captures, that would be interesting to see...
    What should the strip look like if it has been damaged? Mine is mostly white with small red horizontal stripes.
    Are you sure you don't have any themes installed?
  11.    #11  
    Definitely. The only thing that's been changed aesthetically is the launcher. I have the black launcher PATCH installed. I have for a couple months with no issue. I have had themes installed before, but not for over a month. I have no idea whats going on. It makes the phone feel "dirty".
    Hey it kind of looks better that way anyway.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    it looks like you have the QuickInstall tweak that turns the dialer to black from that ugly green . That's what I use and that's what my dialer looks like.
  14.    #14  
    Lol idk what I did, but i can't seem to fix it. I'm just gonna doctor it and hope everything goes back to normal sometime this afternoon
    Quote Originally Posted by shanshor View Post
    What should the strip look like if it has been damaged? Mine is mostly white with small red horizontal stripes.
    if the strip gets wet,then those red stripes or + signs will bleed and the whole area will be red or pink instead of white & red.
  16.    #16  
    Found out what was wrong. Had the animated backgrounds patch installed without an animated background. I thought it applied to the homescreen image, not the application background. oops