1.    #1  
    I've been looking at apps like ZumoDrive, Dropboxify, Wifi MediaSync, and File Sync for a way to sync an entire FOLDER on my Pre with my PC desktop. So far, I've only seen ways to manually upload/download individual files but not entire folders which for the number of files I work with would be extremely tedious and time comsuming.

Are there any better solutions available? Everytime I take a picture, I'd like for it to AUTOMATICALLY sync with my desktop or at least I'd like to be able to sync (or even upload) the entire photos folder within a few clicks.

Any known solutions? This would make the Pre even greater than it already is!
    Last edited by sjamie; 01/01/2011 at 09:40 AM.
    when you plug the pre into a pc in usb mode, it looks like a removable storage device. I use Picassa (from google) and it copies the photos over just like it does from the memory car in my camera.
    I use Zumodrive to sync an entire folder. Anytime I add a file to that folder, it automatically syncs to my Pre. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    I use Zumodrive to sync an entire folder. Anytime I add a file to that folder, it automatically syncs to my Pre. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.
    Because he wants it to work the other way; from phone to desktop.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    Does it sync everything from your Pre to your computer? I think that is what he is looking for. For example at the end of every day I would like all of my pictures on my Pre to get backed up to my computer.
    Picassa will do exactly what the OP wants.
    heres a radical idea - which i've wanted for a while but never found a way to do...

the pre has some nice way to view photos while on the touchstone - what i would like to do is for mediasync to be able to sync one folder (hence relevence to this chain) which has a RANDOM selection of photos/music/files in it.

So maybe this is not a pre problem but a desktop pc one - it can't be too hard for a small programme to randomly pick X number of files from a master folder (my photos/my music) & copy them to another folder for syncing
    And some information for future users, if you use a mac and set something like iPhoto or one of their other photo programs as the default, it will automatically sync all pictures, when you hook up your phone.

It did it with my Pre and does it with my new phone, as well.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    when you plug the pre into a pc in usb mode, it looks like a removable storage device. I use Picassa (from google) and it copies the photos over just like it does from the memory car in my camera.
    Is there any way to do this wirelessly? If I have to physically connect my Pre to my PC, I'd probably just manually drag my photos folder to my PC.

I'm trying to avoid whipping out the USB cable. My Touchstones and PocketMirror have changed my life. Wireless syncing of folders will "almost" render my USB cable obsolete!
    try the app called media sync in the catalog. it isn't a free app.

you could also try running a web server on your pre and accessing it from your PC. I'm not smart enough to try that, but it makes sense that it could work...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And some information for future users, if you use a mac and set something like iPhoto or one of their other photo programs as the default, it will automatically sync all pictures, when you hook up your phone.
    This sounds like a cool idea for mac users; however, my goal is to not have to hook up my phone to sync my photos.
  12.    #12  
    try the app called media sync in the catalog. it isn't a free app.
    From my research, this app will not sync folders. Each picture has to be selected individually which can be extremely tedious. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  13.    #13  
    you could also try running a web server on your pre and accessing it from your PC. I'm not smart enough to try that, but it makes sense that it could work...
    Sounds like a good idea but I have no idea how to do that. I'm open to suggestions!