Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hey everybody, perhaps the excitement is getting to me and I'm speaking too soon... But I think I fixed my sticky keyboard issues. Skipped keystrokes, double typing, that whole thing. I've read that it is a bit of a common issue. I've been wanting to disassemble my phone for some time to see what I can do, so I finally did! It was a learning experience that baffled me with the complexity of the assembly, yet how cheap the device is overall. Anyway, I took out the keyboard assembly and peeled the white cover that holds the itty-bitty contact buttons over the board. All I did after that was wipe the board and reseat the white tape. After a grumpy reassembly, I powered it up and immediately started typing. So far I am having no issues, and the keys actually feel like they have a lighter click (before they were tough to depress). I have no clue what I actually did, but whatever it was seems to have cleared the issue up for the time being. The oreo gap is tighter, too. Neato!

Has anybody else attempted this with positive results?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I haven't tried this, but I might soon. I just plus'd my Sprint pre, and the keyboard was fine at first. But after a month some of the keys won't work (orange, x,v, and n) unless I push "qw" first. If this doesn't work then I may have to doctor it, but I'm so not looking forward to the 9 hours of downloading and installing apps (even over WiFi).
    Quote Originally Posted by illitero View Post
    Hey everybody, perhaps the excitement is getting to me and I'm speaking too soon... But I think I fixed my sticky keyboard issues. Skipped keystrokes, double typing, that whole thing. I've read that it is a bit of a common issue. I've been wanting to disassemble my phone for some time to see what I can do, so I finally did! It was a learning experience that baffled me with the complexity of the assembly, yet how cheap the device is overall. Anyway, I took out the keyboard assembly and peeled the white cover that holds the itty-bitty contact buttons over the board. All I did after that was wipe the board and reseat the white tape. After a grumpy reassembly, I powered it up and immediately started typing. So far I am having no issues, and the keys actually feel like they have a lighter click (before they were tough to depress). I have no clue what I actually did, but whatever it was seems to have cleared the issue up for the time being. The oreo gap is tighter, too. Neato!

Has anybody else attempted this with positive results?
    show how you did this please? not a techie here but id like to explore the idea as my pre+ is the worst keyboard ive ever used for anything. i have to type with fingernail tips and extra pressure..while proofreading every keystroke. cramps the fingers and then i have to glance to top of pre screen from the keyboard. o nthe flip side, my treo 755p had the keyboard just about an 1 1/2 inches max from the area where the text was showing up. text messages showed up just above the KB so that was very cool..and SO easy to correct with the treo backspace function on the Dpad.

thanks.