Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Last night I had to go medieval and actually plug my Pre in to charge it rather than drop it on a Touchstone. Didn't think much of it until about an hour after I unplugged it when it told me the battery was low and was going to shut off. So, I put it on my touchstone thinking that the charger must not have been plugged in last night or something. After about an hour I took a look at it, and the charge level had hardly moved. OK, that's wierd, so I did a reboot with Preset Reset, and popped it back on the charger. This time I popped open Govnah, and it was only reporting the battery charging at around 90 mA instead of the normal 200 or so. To make a long story short, after turning off every service I could think of with no improvement, I did a shut down and battery pull. When it came back up, I was sitting at 100% battery.
    I pulled it off the stone for a bit and when I popped it back on it charged at the normal rate.
    I was worried that either the charging circuit or the battery went caster up, but apparently she just really missed her Touchstone and got grumpy. Anyone else experience this?
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter
    How old is your battery? Kinda sounds like the battery is worn out.
    ive woke in the morning to a dead phone once but thats all ive had happen and i think that was because i placed it on the touchstone incorrectly . but like cantaffordit said if it happens again buy a new battery from amazon for like 5 bucks or less shipped and see what happens
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    200mAh? That seems low because my phone charges at a typical 540mAh. Anyway, to me it sounds like the battery is taking a ****.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I have this since a long time. I realized it as I have the patch installed that shows the battery level as a percent value. I happens to me even with a new battery.

Then I realized the following. It happens only if the battery was below 40% when I put the phone on the charger. This time I decided to take the time and see what was happening. The battery level was going down to 8% without a warning and then started to climb up to 100% again.
    I checked it with some more round trips, after I saw this one time.

My guess is that it is part of the normal charching behavior to make sure that the battery is in good quality. It happens for me only on the Touchstone, not with the USB cable connected to the Pre. I expect that Palm decided that you will have more time to charge if you put it on the Touchstone and then do the battery refresh mode if you are below 40%

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    My guess is that it is part of the normal charching behavior to make sure that the battery is in good quality. It happens for me only on the Touchstone, not with the USB cable connected to the Pre. I expect that Palm decided that you will have more time to charge if you put it on the Touchstone and then do the battery refresh mode if you are below 40%
    I don't think so. It works just fine for me on the TS, even when below 40%.
    Li-Ion batteries don't need this, in fact it's better for them to be not drained deeply.
    But I don't have an explanation for this behavior.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    So no repeat of the charging fiasco. I'm going to chalk it up to the charging circuit be confused. If it happens again I'll use it as an excuse to buy a minty fresh new battery.
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter