Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just purchased a pre and am excited about getting it. I have been a pixi user for last 9 months. Cant wait for the bigger screen and more games.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Erm... okay, not quite sure which carrier your're on but shouldn't you have gotten the Pre Plus or Pre 2?
    I just got the Pre too!

I looked at the Pre Plus, but they were not them readily available on Sprint on Ebay, plus I don't really need that much space, although it would have been nice. So I got a almost new one for a good price.

I found the gestures were a lot easier for me then on the Pixi, but my teen had no problem adapting. Go figure. lol

Welcome to the Pre club!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    I am on sprint and I didn't purchase it new. I purchase it used. My contract is not up for a couple months and wanted to get a pre for a while. it was a good deal. Thanks GeekyMom. A Friend from work has had one since they came out and I have been wanted one since switching to sprint.
    Last edited by slyvester; 12/31/2010 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slyvester View Post
    I am on sprint and I didn't purchase it new. I purchase it used. My contract is not up for a couple months and wanted to get a pre for a while. it was a good deal. Thanks GeekyMom. A Friend from work has had one since they came out and I have been wanted one since switching to sprint.
    NP, I was surprised I liked the phone since I did not take to the Pixi, but I'm already set for my Pre's arrival.

Are you going to get at Touchstone wireless charger? I got one on ebay for $26 total, tested it on my daughter's Pre and it works like a charm. No more fiddling with cables, just place it there on the dome, it sticks, charges and it also works on speaker as well as displays activities. I love innovative technology!

P.S. Remember to install "Preware," we both agreed that the slider sucked and installed the "Virtual keypad" from Preware. You can download it for .99 from the App store. (Found this out after we spent 2 hours installing the free version)

I'm definitely going to be trying the "Overclocking" to increase speed and some other upgrades through Preware when mines comes.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    I got a touchstone with my pixi. One of the best things from palm in accessories. I got the back and touch stone for 10 bucks from a verizon sale. It is coming with a touchstone back so I am happy with that. Preware is a must. My daughter is going to get my old pixi. She has a black berry and I have a feeling she will not go back. preware then overclock will be the first things I do.
    Cool, you are ahead of the game. $10 was a great price!

Have you gotten your Pre yet? I just purchased personalized skins today for mines so I can charge it with the Touchstone case and give it some color.

8.    #8  
    no I have not. It is supposed to ship today. Hope it gets here soon.
  9.    #9  
    My pre was shipped on friday. Should have it by wednesday
    Just got my Pre today! It's charging now, I'm so excited to finally have it!

Welcome to both of you!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks, now I have to install Preware.

It was a real pain on my daughters Pre. But worth it!

13.    #13  
    just got all my accounts set up all ringtones moved and apps set up. It's sweet.
    Be sure to check all the great patches in PreWare
  15.    #15  
    Yep got PreWare installed got it Over clocked with SR71 kernel and runs Great. Awesome phone.
    If you are planning to Patch your new treasure, be aware that we may soon see webOS 2.0.X. Most of the current patches may not work with the new OS, so you may wish to wait for the next webOS update before starting to patch.

Good luck and Welcome!

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    If you are planning to Patch your new treasure, be aware that we may soon see webOS 2.0.X. Most of the current patches may not work with the new OS, so you may wish to wait for the next webOS update before starting to patch.

Good luck and Welcome!

LOL, I might agree with you, but how long till 2.x hits older devices? I'm thinking Feb. 9ish (for some reason) and wouldn't want to wait that long to patch. I think they are working with some of the patches to make them 2.x safe pre-2.0 release.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    LOL, I might agree with you, but how long till 2.x hits older devices? I'm thinking Feb. 9ish (for some reason) and wouldn't want to wait that long to patch. I think they are working with some of the patches to make them 2.x safe pre-2.0 release.
    I was thinking the same thing. I was running my pixi over clock so the stocked pre seemed slow. Had to over clock it and get my favorite patches on it.
    Enjoy!!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    NP, I was surprised I liked the phone since I did not take to the Pixi, but I'm already set for my Pre's arrival.

Are you going to get at Touchstone wireless charger? I got one on ebay for $26 total, tested it on my daughter's Pre and it works like a charm. No more fiddling with cables, just place it there on the dome, it sticks, charges and it also works on speaker as well as displays activities. I love innovative technology!

P.S. Remember to install "Preware," we both agreed that the slider sucked and installed the "Virtual keypad" from Preware. You can download it for .99 from the App store. (Found this out after we spent 2 hours installing the free version)

I'm definitely going to be trying the "Overclocking" to increase speed and some other upgrades through Preware when mines comes.
    how does your pre and gestures (using 2 hands?) compare to the single finger D-pad operation with the 755p ? i had all my treo apps and links and favorite webpages and speed dials all keyed to the "favorites" buttons on the bottom of the main screen. a little bit of pressure on buttom of thumb opened the favorites pages..then pressure on right side of thumb to flip to page 2, or 3 or 4 or 5...or pressure on left side of thumb to page back. life and access to the universe was "d-pad centric". Im curious what you're experience is with the switch...as well as the virtual keyboard ? thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast