1.    #1  
    I want to completely wipe my Sprint Palm Pre to start the New Year with a "fresh" phone. I have been consistently using Save/Restore so I have all the data backed up to my desktop. What is the most straight forward way of accomplishing this? Do a "Full Erase" under reset options and then log back in to my profile?
    TIA
    Last edited by BillP3393; 12/31/2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: add last question
    Bill
    plug your phone into your PC, in USB mode. Copy the entire contents somewhere on the computer. Depending upon how "fresh" you want your phone to be you can either...
    a) Just do a full erase (secure erase will make sure EVERYTHING is gone.)
    b) Do the erase followed by the Doctor. (This is what i would recommend.)
    Once thats done load up your palm, log into your profile, reestablish any email accounts associated with your profile (passwords) and wait on the phone to redownload your apps.
    After that put your phone in dev. mode and install preware thru webOS QI. Install the save restore app, put phone back into USB mode attached to the PC, copy over any and all of the files that you pulled from the phone in the first step, Let save/restore install the apps/data that you want back on the phone.
    BAM! "fresh" clean "new" Pre.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    plug your phone into your PC, in USB mode. Copy the entire contents somewhere on the computer. Depending upon how "fresh" you want your phone to be you can either...
    a) Just do a full erase (secure erase will make sure EVERYTHING is gone.)
    b) Do the erase followed by the Doctor. (This is what i would recommend.)
    Once thats done load up your palm, log into your profile, reestablish any email accounts associated with your profile (passwords) and wait on the phone to redownload your apps.
    After that put your phone in dev. mode and install preware thru webOS QI. Install the save restore app, put phone back into USB mode attached to the PC, copy over any and all of the files that you pulled from the phone in the first step, Let save/restore install the apps/data that you want back on the phone.
    BAM! "fresh" clean "new" Pre.
    I'm gonna do this too!
    one question when you do a full erase does that completly erase webos and everything else?
    It gives you a complety fresh install, like when it was new.

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, nothing like starting off the new year with a new Sprint Palm Pre.
    Bill