1.    #1  
    I got my Touchstone off of Ebay the other day and it works well with the Pre.

My question is would it work with a vinyl skin? I hate all of that black and want a lil pink in my life, and since you have to replace the back cover with the one that comes with the Touchstone, figured that rules out a regular silicone case, since the back would have to physically "touch" the charger.

Please advise,

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    as long as the skin is pretty thin (i'd say under 2mm) and not terribly heat sensitive, I'd say you would be ok.
    the touchstone works through magnetic induction with a coil under the surface, not through direct contact with the surface. So if you put, say,paper between your device and the touchstone the magnetic signal should get through just fine. I've even gotten mine to charge in the little fabric case,so that should give you an idea of how thick you want your decal to be.
    hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I just didn't want to purchase something that will impede the use of the Touchstone!

Btw, where did you find a cloth case? (Or I guess I can google it)

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    My wife has a Skinit skin on her Pre and it works fine on the Touchstone.
    I would go for a gela skin, they look the best imo, and from what I have been told, work with the touchstone, I confirmed with gelaskinz that if it didnt work you would be able to return the skin

Skins for Palm Pre | GelaSkins
    You could also look at ZAGGskins they have a LOT of different designs including solid colors. And if you want something else unique they also have a LeatherSkin design: ZAGG LEATHERskins Palm Pre and none of these impede the Touchstone charger.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone, now I am totally confused. LOL, jk

Actually I found another company while researching the skins you guys listed that I am also considering; "Unique Skins" where you can upload a pic (I'm thinking wedding pic) and it's used on the skin. You can also use text to maybe list your name.

Unique skins:

Custom Palm Pre Skin - – Custom Vinyl Skins – Unique Skins

One thing I liked about this skin and Gelaskin is that the sticker is not cut to cover the corners. I've had skins before and it gets tricky folding corners and these sit flat on the back with no wrap arounds or unsmooth edges.

I also went to youtube.com and saw more video's of all skins listed here. While I really like the diversity of the Unique skins, I like Gelskins and its adhesive back texture, but it seems like you really can't use the front, which would be a deal breaker for me as I want both.

P.S. Initially, I was looking for a cloth skin and the only one I could find was:

http://www.dascheap.com/table-cloth-...-pre-skin.html

I didn't really like their designs though.

--I also looked at Decalgirl
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/31/2010 at 07:03 AM.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    You could also look at ZAGGskins they have a LOT of different designs including solid colors. And if you want something else unique they also have a LeatherSkin design: ZAGG LEATHERskins Palm Pre and none of these impede the Touchstone charger.
    *AHEM

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...atherskin.html
  9.    #9  
    Not sure this link or process will work, but here it goes...

------
    Well that didn't work.

I went with Unique skins.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/31/2010 at 12:15 PM.

10.    #10  
    My Unique Skin

Front:

Yep, I love hearts. You may not be able to see it but my name is in the bottom large left heart. Haha, i know cheesy but i like it.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 01/08/2011 at 08:24 PM.

11.    #11  
    Back with our wedding pic:

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Btw, where did you find a cloth case? (Or I guess I can google it)
    I found one on Amazon for $3 plus $3 shipping. I'm kicking myself for losing the self-cleaning cloth case that came with the Pre. Paying $6 for something that comes with the phone isn't something I'm happy with.

As for the skin, most accessories like that advertise whether or not they are touchstone-compatible, so you should check the product description and see what it says about touchstone compatibility.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I found one on Amazon for $3 plus $3 shipping. I'm kicking myself for losing the self-cleaning cloth case that came with the Pre. Paying $6 for something that comes with the phone isn't something I'm happy with.

As for the skin, most accessories like that advertise whether or not they are touchstone-compatible, so you should check the product description and see what it says about touchstone compatibility.
    Thanks, I didn't think of going to Amazon, (AKA my on-line resource for candid product reviews). I didn't get a cleaning cloth since my phone came in excellent condition, but an Ebay sale.

Btw, can you tell me how to upload larger pics? I used to know how, but its been a while. I searched the forum here but everyone was talking about Photo bucket, and I use my Comcast online storage account, if that makes a difference.