Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Hey,
    iv had my Palm Pre for 5 months now and its starting to feel sluggish. Is their anything I can do to speed it up, refreash it you no?

I have about 30 patches and its over-clocked.

any suggestions??

PLEASE
    reset it every day? use that faster animation patch to make you think it's faster?
    My Sprint Pre did this a few weeks ago and doctored it to resolve that. Its the concoction of mods done, or that one FUBAR that you never caught, that would slow it down. In my case, it got so bad and I was putting it off that it kicked my out of the Palm Profile on it own.

Ran the doc, reinstalled my usual batch of patches and custom kernel and all is fine now. Its like the annual feeling you get to FFR your computer to make it fast again to clear out all the broken crap left behind.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    One thing people either forget, or don't know about.... remember to clear your call history every few days. If that log file gets too big it will cause your device to get sluggish. It's crazy, but it does work!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    One thing people either forget, or don't know about.... remember to clear your call history every few days. If that log file gets too big it will cause your device to get sluggish. It's crazy, but it does work!
    Very true, especially when getting an incomming call or making one. Even overclocked it would get sluggish. Wipe it once a month.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Any way to automate this? Sounds like a patch request is in order for a "Delete calls older than..."
    In addition to clearing call history, it seems to help if you keep sms history cleaned out, too. I know that most dumb phones limit the number of text message you can store, and vzw support told me once that is because phones will lag if it keeps to many txt messages.

And, since I tend to wipe/reinstall windows on my PCs every 6 or 8 months, I have tended to do the same thing with my Pre+, which probably keeps it running like new. There are also some patches that probably use CPU because they are always doing something, rather than just a one time change in a setting at start up. For example, the GPSfix patch to keep the gps alive seems to be running a process at a periodic interval.
    interesting about the call log history. Does call logging slow down the entire phone or only the phone app with making and receiving calls.

re: patches, does anyone know if the battery meter patch with percent battery remaining, also affect the cpu and battery?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post
    Any way to automate this? Sounds like a patch request is in order for a "Delete calls older than..."
    that is so a patch request and would be amazing!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    My Sprint Pre did this a few weeks ago and doctored it to resolve that. Its the concoction of mods done, or that one FUBAR that you never caught, that would slow it down. In my case, it got so bad and I was putting it off that it kicked my out of the Palm Profile on it own.

Ran the doc, reinstalled my usual batch of patches and custom kernel and all is fine now. Its like the annual feeling you get to FFR your computer to make it fast again to clear out all the broken crap left behind.
    ya people have suggested a few times.

is their anything I should be woried about when doctoring(i have never done it before)or what to do after: updating, etc.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Has anyone used the webos repair utility?

does that help at all?

Suggestions??
    Didn't know about call history - thanks for that tip.
    I use "Reboot Scheduler" to reset my Pre Plus every night. Since using it the speed and functionality of the phone has remained constant.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I always used Preset Reset to reboot my phone every morning.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    tried the repair utility once, kept saying the version of webos doctor i was using wasnt compatible with my version of webos on the phone.... even though i had just used that same doctor to doctor my phone.... never got it to work right for me.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Thank you
    iv been using preset reset for a week or so and its helps alot thanks
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    tried the repair utility once, kept saying the version of webos doctor i was using wasnt compatible with my version of webos on the phone.... even though i had just used that same doctor to doctor my phone.... never got it to work right for me.
    actually I tryed this and I got the same thing. I looked at alot of threads and its a really easy fix.
    just download the webos doctor for ur webos version and carrier here
    http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions?wasRedirected=true
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Where do I get Preset Reset? I looked in Preware and the App Catalog, but can't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    Where do I get Preset Reset? I looked in Preware and the App Catalog, but can't find it.
    Found it here.