Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey123 View Post
    UberCalendar works fine on my phone. There are no problems with it being slow. It responds immediately after I tap on it.
    Does it respond quickly when you open a scheduled appointment?
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Does it respond quickly when you open a scheduled appointment?
    Yes, it responds instantly. I just opened an appointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey123 View Post
    Yes, it responds instantly. I just opened an appointment.
    Thanks, I'll install it again and check it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_Shields_PRE View Post
    Thanks ncinerate,

I just install most of these today with the amazing Preware app! and i love them. the reduce drag patch is great along with the 1GHz overclock!

ad blocker is great. but i believe u im sure full screen web browsing is great but i personally like to see the top bar when browsing for the cell signal and battery(the battery % on the top bar is amazing and should be a standard feature on webos).so yeah

im sure the no missed call call back patch great if you have caller id, which i dont so it wont call back even if i try!

and iv only had Auto enable/disable GPS patch for a few hours and i already love it their has been a noticable increase in battery life!

and the 4x4 launcher icons look natural or normal compared to the standard 3x4(if u no what i mean)

but one thing i have to question u on is: you said that over clock at 1GHz will increase battery life but my 1GHz overclock is eatting my battery i had to charge my battery 3 times yesterday!

you said u "fiddled" with yours if so do you mind send me your over-clocking settings that would be great!

THX

youve really helped me!
    Well, I don't have much experience with the uberkernel 1ghz, I personally use F104A (1.1 ghz, great battery life, reduced voltages a bit in govnah). Get Govnah if you don't already have it for your uberkernel and check your settings, make sure your pre is set to screenstate so it kicks down the mhz when your screen is off. Also make sure your screen brightness is at least 20% ish, because if you set it too low the screenstate monitor doesn't work properly and it wont kick up to full speed.

Experimental kernels will likely lead to better battery life than the uberkernel, but there is a certain amount of risk associated with this, and thus you'll have to do some digging to figure out how to open the testing feed to install them. Right now the rage is all about the AV8B Harrier kernel and it's killer battery life/speed, but I'm still enjoying my F104A at the moment and my battery life is amazing (I'll probably try the harrier kernel today, but I've really had a stellar experience with 104a).

As far as battery-life goes, there are patches out there that can help you manage things a bit better if you need longer lasing battery. Turning down your brightness to around 20% (I like 22%) and setting the screen to kick off fairly quickly is one big step in the right direction. Another hugely helpful thing is to kick the phone's data connection to OFF when you don't need it (wifi sips power, evdo chugs it).

Finally, in regards to caller ID, I have 2 words for you: GOOGLE VOICE!

If you're in an area where you can use it, google voice should be a nice feature for you to have. It'll give you an ID record of phones that call you, and has some ridiculously useful features (like the ability to kick calls to your work phone/cell phone at different times, to swap phones mid-conversation, to listen to voice mails being left and pick up the call if you like, etc etc etc). Just saying, it's a great service and it's free, well worth giving a shot if your cell carrier is being stodgy with basics like caller ID.
    Oh, one last thing. A theme can really make a big difference in how your phone looks. I prefer the Glass suite - it's a huge improvement over the stock theme imho. Really gives the phone a next-gen look.
    I tend to use:

Where
    Facebook
    Preware
    Govnah
    Pandora
    TuneIn by Radio Time (cool too)
    Navit was pretty helpful (after I intalled it correctly)
    Data Toggle (saves battery big time)
    Dr. battery

happy preware-ing
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Oh, one last thing. A theme can really make a big difference in how your phone looks. I prefer the Glass suite - it's a huge improvement over the stock theme imho. Really gives the phone a next-gen look.
    ya thats what iv heard.and they look cool iv never installed a theme before and to be honest im kind of scared. are themes easy(installing and removing, and any problems)?

iv looked onto themes and it says if u install with webos QI u have to remove the theme with webos QI and if u install with Preware u have to remove it with preware.
    Which should i use? Preware or webos QI??
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrhere View Post
    I tend to use:

Where
    Facebook
    Preware
    Govnah
    Pandora
    TuneIn by Radio Time (cool too)
    Navit was pretty helpful (after I intalled it correctly)
    Data Toggle (saves battery big time)
    Dr. battery

happy preware-ing
    Thx
    i use most of these on a regular bases now (i wish i had pandora but i cant im in canada)

but i installed Navit today(and all the patches or what ever they were for it) and it doesnt seem to work its in the launcher but does nothing i was wondering if u could help?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Well, I don't have much experience with the uberkernel 1ghz, I personally use F104A (1.1 ghz, great battery life, reduced voltages a bit in govnah). Get Govnah if you don't already have it for your uberkernel and check your settings, make sure your pre is set to screenstate so it kicks down the mhz when your screen is off. Also make sure your screen brightness is at least 20% ish, because if you set it too low the screenstate monitor doesn't work properly and it wont kick up to full speed.

Experimental kernels will likely lead to better battery life than the uberkernel, but there is a certain amount of risk associated with this, and thus you'll have to do some digging to figure out how to open the testing feed to install them. Right now the rage is all about the AV8B Harrier kernel and it's killer battery life/speed, but I'm still enjoying my F104A at the moment and my battery life is amazing (I'll probably try the harrier kernel today, but I've really had a stellar experience with 104a).

As far as battery-life goes, there are patches out there that can help you manage things a bit better if you need longer lasing battery. Turning down your brightness to around 20% (I like 22%) and setting the screen to kick off fairly quickly is one big step in the right direction. Another hugely helpful thing is to kick the phone's data connection to OFF when you don't need it (wifi sips power, evdo chugs it).

Finally, in regards to caller ID, I have 2 words for you: GOOGLE VOICE!

If you're in an area where you can use it, google voice should be a nice feature for you to have. It'll give you an ID record of phones that call you, and has some ridiculously useful features (like the ability to kick calls to your work phone/cell phone at different times, to swap phones mid-conversation, to listen to voice mails being left and pick up the call if you like, etc etc etc). Just saying, it's a great service and it's free, well worth giving a shot if your cell carrier is being stodgy with basics like caller ID.
    thx
    ill try f104a some time.
    and i wish we had google voice in canada!
    and that is weird i set my screen brightness to 22%(from 0%)and the battery life is better! amazing
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12