Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if a new thread was appropriate for this but I couldn't find the answer anywhere else. I would like to change the default voicemail number on my Verizon Pre Plus running 1.4.5. I found a mention of modifying Carriernetworksettings.db3, which doesn't appear to do anything at all. So I did some more digging. In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone I found the dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs $which$ $references$ $TelephonyCommands$.$js$ $which$ $contains$ $the$ $following$:

voicemailNumberCarrierDBQuery: function(callback){
    var request = new Mojo.Service.Request('palm://com.palm.data.carriernetworksettings', {
    method: 'getCurrentSettings',
    parameters:{'settings':['voicemailNumber'],"subscribe":true},
    onSuccess: function(response){callback(true, response.voicemailNumber },
    onFailure: function(response){
    callback(false, (Messages.generalServiceError)) }
    });return request; },
    voicemailNumberQuery: function(callback, subscribe){
    var request = new Mojo.Service.Request(this.svcUri, {
    method: 'voicemailNumberQuery',
    parameters: {'subscribe':subscribe},
    onSuccess: function(response){
    callback(true, response.extended.number)},
    onFailure: function(response){
    callback(false, (Messages.generalServiceError))}
    });this.tempSaveRequest("voicemailNumberQuery", request);
    return request;},

Now my code reading skills are a bit limited, but I think that says that it does a query of the com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings table of the above mentioned CarrierNetowrkSettings.db3 and asks for the voicemailNumber field. The thing is, in the case of Verizon, changing that filed for my carrier does not appear to have any affect on what number is dialed when the voicemail button is pressed. I am I missing something here or is there another place in the forum I should be looking for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs $references$ $telListener$, $which$ $I$ $wasn$'$t$ $able$ $to$ $figure$ $out$, $in$ $the$ $following$:
    if (this.telListener.voicemailNumber) {
    this.dial(this.telListener.voicemailNumber);
    } else {
    // if we're not powered, then prompt. otherwise assume
    // we don't have the number because we couldn't get it.
    if (!this.telListener.powered) {

ConnectionWidget.connect({
    'type':'voice',
    'onSuccess': this.onConnectionWidgetResponse.bind(this, this.voicemailOnNetworkAvailable.bind(this), this.telListener.voicemailNumber)
    },this.stageController)

} else {
    //Requery the voicemail number one more time before showing up the error message.
    TelephonyCommands.voicemailNumberQuery(this.onVoicemailNumberQueryReturn.bind(this),false);
    }

Thanks for any help on this.
    I don't know if this will help, and I've never tried this... but here are instructions someone sent me a while back...

Reprogram Vmail
    * Enter Your MSL Code in the Dialer. (Ex. ##******#)
    * Wait and it will verify the code and pop up a Service Programming Screen.
    * Note and Write Down what is the first and second field.
    * The Mobile Directory Number = MDN
    * Mobile Station ID Number = MSID **** MUST NOTE THIS ***
    * Select Edit at the bottom Right.
    * In the TOP Field (Mobile Directory Number), Type the VM Number
    you want the Phone to Dial !!!
    * In the Buttom Field (Mobile Station ID Number), Put in the number that
    was there before. *** The Number you copied down that was in this
    field prior to hitting the edit button.
    * Hit SAVE - Let Phone come back online.
    * Now When hitting the VM button it will dial the number you put in.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks, trying it now.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Well that almost works. It allows you to change the number that the voicemail button dials, but only to another 10 digit phone number. What I'm looking for is a way to add a pause, my password and the # key to the end of the phone number. I've set it up as an alternate speed dial and that works for now, but it would be nice to use the vm button for it. Was able to do it with my Treo by just changing the contact entry. Not so easy with the Pre.
    This is something that we've wanted for a long time but developers have indicated that its one thing that's apparently beyond patch ability. The closest workaround is to set up a contact that has the code string in it. Unfortunately that doesn't work when you try to go into it from the voice mail notification. There is no way to get the phone to use this contact automagically.

Hey developers, is this still not doable? A patch for this would be great.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    are you trying to use it to call your work voicemail? I use youmail.com and it uses caller ID to validate my and doesn't require a password. I don't think VZW voicemail does either, although it's been years since I've used it...
    +1, I'd love to have this capability on my VZW Pre Plus (1.4.5). I had my Treo set to enter my PIN automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are you trying to use it to call your work voicemail? I use youmail.com and it uses caller ID to validate my and doesn't require a password. I don't think VZW voicemail does either, although it's been years since I've used it...
    Verizon Wireless voice mail requires a pass code. It is not optional. So there is no current method for Verizon users to set up a one button voice mail access on the Palm Pre.

The desire is when you have a voice mail notification and tap it, that the phone will go to voice mail and enter the password with that one tap. That can not be done with the Pre+.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Verizon Wireless voice mail requires a pass code. It is not optional. So there is no current method for Verizon users to set up a one button voice mail access on the Palm Pre.

The desire is when you have a voice mail notification and tap it, that the phone will go to voice mail and enter the password with that one tap. That can not be done with the Pre+.
    Thanks, I haven't using their vm is so long, I've forgotten. Another reason to switch to youmail!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    So what I'm hear is that this isn't possible at all? It's one of the very few annoyances/features that should have been included about the Pre+. (Voice dial, which my wifes free phone does, is the other but I'll not start that discussion here). Perhaps with the advent of 2.0 we will be able to do something about this?
    I don't want to sound stupid here, and you might have already tried this... but just in case.. and I am throwing it out there, but:
    Can't you just change it in the "Voicemail number" section of the preferences in the phone app?
    Or, failing that, just add it as a contact on the phone and hook up a speed dial?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    This may be unique to the VZW Pre+ but there isn't a voicemail number setting in the phone app preferences. Also, I have added it as a speed dial number, but when you tap the notification or the button in the phone app, it doesn't dial the number with the PIN at the end, it just dials the standard vmail number (which is my phone #) and the password must be input manually. It's not a huge issue, just a minor annoyance.
    Strange you don't have that setting! I can see why you'd want to get at your voicemail quicker though. I've got the "voicemail number" setting, I'm on O2 (UK).
    I'm fairly sure the setting was there out of the box, but I am also running 'Advanced configuration for system preferences' by Sconix. It's possible that it was added by that patch.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusI View Post
    So what I'm hear is that this isn't possible at all?
    That's not completely true. Even if you can't change the automatic Voicemail number, you can still set a keyboard shortcut to call your VZW VM and key in the pin #. I use "Q" since it's at the top left of my keyboard, and all I need to do to check my messages is hold that button down from the launcher screen.
    I gave up on this long ago and just use Voogle for my Google voicemail. v2 out soon!