Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I had a windows mobile 6.5 phone before I got my pre plus. That phone was very "buggy," and had a steep learning curve. After 3 replacement phones, AT&T gave me a phone that was comparable (i.e., the pre plus). When I first started using this phone it was evident that I was going to have a much better experience than I did with the windows mobile 6.5 phone.

My phone is now "patched up" and operating - just like I LIKE IT. This webos community has made owning this phone quite enjoyable. I have learned so much in such a short time. And, my phone fits almost all of my needs (with the exception of not being able to edit word documents, ppt, etc). I know that there are several people complaining about their pres. However, I can only say that I am happy!
    Thanks for posting such a positive story. You are not alone. Many are happy with our phones! And the homebrew community is a big part of that!

Hopefully everyone will resist the urge to come in here and start comparing other phones or generally being negative.

Let's just let a happy user enjoy being a happy user.
    Have used all the new droids and have always had a blackberry. My Pre-Plus is the best phone I have ever owned, period.
    Had mine for over a year, just had to replace it, with a new Pre Plus, but did not want anything else. BTW, the replacement problem was my doing, I dropped it from a motorcycle, and Verizon was nice enough to replace it for me.
    Jim: Don't use your phone on a motorcycle....just saying LOL

Love my launch day Pre-, WebOS and homebrew are to thank!
    I LOVE this phone. Ive had it for 8 months now and its still going strong. No problems (except for a couple of my own doings). I just got into changing images on the phone, so I'm constantly changing an image here, an image there. Mainly on the home screen/launcher/lock screen. That (along with patches), has made my phone completely mine. I can say that no one has a phone like me.
    I don't think anyone needs to post rude, hating garbage. The Pre is perfect for some people, for others it isn't. The same is true of any other phone, like the iPhone, Evo, DroidX and etc.
    Last edited by verwon; 12/31/2010 at 04:33 AM.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ForTheRoad View Post
    Jim: Don't use your phone on a motorcycle....just saying LOL

Love my launch day Pre-, WebOS and homebrew are to thank!

LOL! That is the same thing I hear when I tell the story of droping it. It was actually in the top pocket of my tank bag that I use to carry the phone, wallet and garage door opener. I thought I had secured it. I felt something hit me heel and thought it was a rock. I looked down ten mile later and the phone was gone. I figured it was gone for good. But figured what the heck, I will retrace my route and see if I find it. Sure enough, there it was on the side of the road, the back gone, but the yellow insides helped me find it. I had a replacement back. It was a little beat up and lasted a few months longer.
    What a refreshing post! I must also add that Precentral has opened up a different world for my webOS experience.

Prior to finding this site, the thought of customizing a phone (overclocking, etc) was like asking me to buid a rocket, but with this community, all is possible.

I cant wait to see what this community will do with future HP devices!
    I was a long time windows mobile ****** untill a buddy introduced me to the Pre. All I can say is MAN!!! Even he as an iphone 4 owner admits to loving webos himself but, the only thing that holds him back is the screen resolution.

Me on the other hand, couldn't be more happy with it!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am also a happy Pre owner. Although lately it's been tough not knowing the direction of HP/WebOS, I've been tempted to look in other directions. But it isn't a choice I want to make, so for the short term I will resist change and hope we see progress SOON!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    +1. However, I'm also a Redskins fan, so I must have too much patience! LOL!!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    That's me... Redskins and Pre/WebOS fan. I have limitless optimisim.
    I totally agree i love my Saints and i Love my Pre thanks Precentral.
    I picked up the Pre Plus (VZW) in November with a one-year contract to tide me over until Palm rocked CES and the devices hit mainstream in 2011. I can't wait to see how things play out through next November I think I played my cards right, because in the meantime, the Pre is an awesome device!!

EDIT: and may i add that without this website, the phone wouldn't be near as good. This is a shout-out for the awesome PreCentral Community!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    What a refreshing post! I must also add that Precentral has opened up a different world for my webOS experience.

Prior to finding this site, the thought of customizing a phone (overclocking, etc) was like asking me to buid a rocket, but with this community, all is possible.

I cant wait to see what this community will do with future HP devices!
    Yes,yes and YES!

I would not be happy with my Sprint Pre if I had not found P/C. I probably would have replaced my phone a half dozen times, because it was "Stuck in the Headset Mode," and a couple more times for a sticking on/off button.

1 gHz overclocking, mobile hotspot and extended power battery makes me happy, until I can get the Pre2 or next gen Webos phone on Sprint.
    Agreed on all counts. I had been using Palm PDAs for years, and bought the Pre so I could continue to use Classic (with DateBk6, etc.). Initially I wasn't that happy with the phone ... but PreCentral has been a *huge* help and I have come to really appreciate webOS. Now that I've ditched Classic, I'm even happier. And my Pre never crashes any more -- go figure!
    As I always said that Pre+ is the best compact smartphone ever produced, till a Pre 2 came. I just cannot wait to see and checkout a Pre 2 myself, although I'd hang onto my Pre+ (VZ version) till the end of 2011 when I become eligible again for a free upgrade. Come on Verizon and HP, please release Pre 2 in the 1st week of 2011. Hey you dev. guys, are you enjoying your Pre 2 , though I don't know which career is currently serving these Pre 2, AT&T with their GSM service ? Also Pre-Central rocks ! I don't know whether dRoidians enjoy such a forum or not, but may be iPhone users have one of their own, but I don't care, Pre-C is way fun to read and learn from.
    Heh. I must have too much patience, as well...lifelong Vikings fan (aarrgghh) and I love my Pre-. I am hoping to eventually 2 my Pre- for Sprint use, cause I still love the form factor, but my phone is holding up fine and I can wait for 2.x, since I will lose so many patches/hb apps when the ota is pushed.

Thank you, everyone, for keeping this thread so positive.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    raider fan....lots of patience involved with that lol!...waiting on HP is a breeze!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast