Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Heh. I must have too much patience, as well...lifelong Vikings fan (aarrgghh) and I love my Pre-.
    Your Vikes looked pretty darn good last night! (. . . plus, I like watching the Eagles lose!)
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Count-in another happy Pre+ owner here. Nothing compares to WebOS -- anyone else find themselves trying to throw cards offscreen on iPhones, etc??
    I have problems navigating an iPhone, mostly due to no gesturing and the inability to properly multitask. It feels very constricted.
    -Until Skynet takes over.
    Thanks for your input and joining our community!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I, too, am completely happy with my Pre. I have had it one year, had it replaced last month for a speaker issue. The loaner was a HTC Hero. I have never had such a frustrating device to use. Multiple actions just to see who sent me an email, let alone delete it from notification (thanks Homebrew community..). I almost was going to switch to Android, but not now. Now that I have my Pre back, its simplicity in getting the things I need done are so understated, you really don't think about them until you have to use another phone.
    I am going to stay with the Pre til they come out with newer hardware. Maybe they will give a loyalty trade in?

PS..there are so many used Pres on CL that you find some good ones for spares..
    @ sir_osis_of_liver2002.... love the name!
    Lol, I appreciate a positive post.

Coming to the forum I read all the dreadful comments, I was like wow. But when my daughters eBay Pre came and i was setting it up, I fell in love with it. Which is ironic since I hated my Pixi and gave it to her. I think the gesturing is easier for this mama. lol

Since the patches has been installed I think the phone is on par with the other phones or better than I had owned prio, included my beloved Centro (whose back lights kept dying on model after model).

Thank you developers for making the Pre the better phone that it has become.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Glad to see you not listening to all the negative chatter GeekyMom! There are a lot of people who love webOS acting like kids right now and being very vocal. The Pre is still a great phone and Preware and Overclocking truly make the phone shine. New hardware is coming, but in the meantime enjoy the phone and please pardon some of the negative yapping going on.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    All I can say is the PALM PREis the best phone iv ever had and ever will have!

I love my PRE!

And big thanks to precenteral.net and everyone on it for the great patches and apps to helpCOMPLETEthe palm devices and for the great help, with out you I would be bord with a bricked PRE

THANK-YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

... There are a lot of people who love webOS acting like kids right now and being very vocal.
    That's true. But then, a lot of those probably are kids.
    Honestly, I help my friends with their evo being a long time smart phone guy and them coming from flip phones. And I am always happy to give it back to them and get back to my pre.
    I have to admit this has been a very frustrating time waiting to see whats coming and the pre2 not coming to sprint, and all the defectors coming back and saying how great the evo/ android is (my response to that is if you say so)

Just hope we dont get disappointed with what palm comes out with, I am already a bit down about hearing mini cards absent from webos 2.0. Hope it comes back

Thanks to webos internals and homebrew and all the pre/webos fans who are still here patiently waiting
    I'll share my saga. In January, while traveling and during the nationwide Verizon outages, my Pre went down. Because of the sporadic outage issues, it took a few days to realize my Pre+ was dying (no WiFi, problems dialing, etc.). Verizon techs spent many patient HOURS on the phone with me as we tried to check out everything, then sent me a replacement Pre+.
    Not only am I happy with Verizon's handling of everything, but the problems I had thought were routine with the Pre: short battery life (typically less than one day of standby), unresponsive dialing, battery draining if power off, are all fine. I'm amazed at the battery life now, and it's using my same old battery. I can have the phone on for perhaps 48 hours on standby and go down to perhaps 60% charge.
    I think my first Pre+ was defective to start with. I also realize I may have exacerbated things in early January when I was reinstalling Phantom Skin and accidentally powered it on with sloppy-web skin being installed.
    I was just counting the days when I could go to an iPhone, and still may in a year when my contract is up (I carry an iPod and my Pre, would be nice to consolidate), but I really am pretty happy with the Pre+ at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by undarated View Post
    I was a long time windows mobile ****** untill a buddy introduced me to the Pre. All I can say is MAN!!! Even he as an iphone 4 owner admits to loving webos himself but, the only thing that holds him back is the screen resolution.

Me on the other hand, couldn't be more happy with it!
    It's funny, because a buddy of mine who is an Iphone user also got me into webOS. He plays with my phone every time we hang out. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by chertik0ff View Post
    It's funny, because a buddy of mine who is an Iphone user also got me into webOS. He plays with my phone every time we hang out. LOL
    LOL myself, I find myself trying to do gestures on my iPod Touch...and trying to pull up the onscreen keyboard on the Pre+.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Count-in another happy Pre+ owner here. Nothing compares to WebOS -- anyone else find themselves trying to throw cards offscreen on iPhones, etc??
    I try with my kids ipod touches all the time, even try to back gesture
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    I try with my kids ipod touches all the time, even try to back gesture
    Same here! When I get my hands on an iPhone I keep trying the up gesture and back gesture with terribly frustrating results :P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12