Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone confirm this, just saw a tweet from a webOSroundup Sr. editor who is trying to confirm this, which came from one of their readers on verizon......
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/31/2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: adjusted thread title
    I just got a replacement last week. No way vzw ould let them run out when the first vzw purchasers (like me) haven't even hit year one of a 2 year contract.
    Those insurance contracts always have a stipulation that if they done have that model in stock they can replaced with "similar" model. This can happen anytime since they could get momentary stock outages and offer a different model.

Just feel lucky Asurion is giving DroidX as a substitute for the Pre Plus. I asked them about the Sprint Pre and they said the Intercept , hmph POS entry level android phone...
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    VZW isn't known for leaving their subs stranded like that. They just stopped providing Centro replacements in early 2010.

In the case of the Pre+, they've had enough returned that they will have units to return for years.

I've never seen VZW stop making replacements available before 2 years of launch. And I just got a replacement Pre+ last week...

it would be cool if they would substitute the Pre next time.
    My gf just got a replacement Pre minus on Sprint last week. Also interesting, they still sold the Pre minus at that Sprint store for $49.99 next to the Pixi, so they haven't stopped selling it at all Sprint stores yet.
    Point is that anytime there could a stock issue that would entitle them to give you a different phone so if you REALLY love the phone, you may wanna take that 7 bucks you dump to the carrier and put it into a cookie jar to buy another on your own. 70 bucks plus 100.00 copay = better off doing it on your own.

Copay on VZW is $50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Copay on VZW is $50
    WAT!

Sprint/ATT will bone you 100 bucks for that copay.

Just picked up a replacement for my damaged Pre Plus last week at a Verizon Store in Ft Lauderdale. My phone was damaged by me, but the Verizon rep was good enough and replaced it for me. They had a Pre/Pixi Display set up in the store as well. And he told me they were expecting the Pre2 soon.
    That's no bueno...My 3rd replacement Pre- is starting to oreo pretty badly. Never dropped and kept very clean. Stupid chintzy slider mechanism.
    I dropped my Verizon Palm Pre Plus and shattered the screen. The phone still powers on and I was able to run EPR. Is there anything else I need to do before I return the phone to Verizon? I do have UberKernel installed. I don't think it should be an issue, since I am returning due to the screen and not anything to do with overclocking.
    if you have backed up all your info, you should be fine. The first step in their process is to wipe the phone. If there is anything particularly confidential, you should do a full/secure erase. If there is nothing confidential, you are good to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTolsonator View Post
    That's no bueno...My 3rd replacement Pre- is starting to oreo pretty badly. Never dropped and kept very clean. Stupid chintzy slider mechanism.
    Have you seen this fix?

9 Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre | webOSroundup
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    WAT!

Sprint/ATT will bone you 100 bucks for that copay.
    I'm on Sprint and my wife's Pre took a dump two weeks ago. Screen totally died.
    I took it in to a local Sprint store and they got me a refurb in two days for $35.
    They explained that Sprint has changed their policies because they were having too many insurance issues from the mfgrs.
    Now, if it's repairable, they replace ANY device, including my EVO or Pre for $35.
    The only time you use insurance (and pay the $100 deductible on advanced devices) is if the device is not repairable (run over by a car, etc) or lost.
    Sounds much more fair to me.
    The only down side is that if you want to use the full mfg warranty in the first year, you now have to deal directly with the mfg- in this case, HPalm. Mine was out of warranty, so I didn't have to waste my time to save the $35.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Yes, and with moderate pressure and even trying the closing from a different angle (very hard habit to break btw) I still see a fairly odd amount of movement in the slider...

*sigh* come on 2011, bring me something new
    I was just at a Sprint store yesterday and mentioned my wife's Sprint is in horrible shape and that I had the insurance, but, didn't want to spend the $100 to replace it right now. Sprint rep told me that "oh, they don't do the deductible anymore...we can now replace it without having to pay any deductible...even if it's physical damage...like sitting on it, etc." Sprint person said that change went in about two weeks ago...even gave me brochures to back it up (although i haven't looked at them yet). She ordered my wife a new Pre- that should be here in a day or two.
    I get my Pre (-) swapped out through Sprint all the time that way. No money. No problem.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Asurion no longer has Palm Pre Plus units to replace and will only offer you a Pixi as a replacement after you pay your $90 deductible. Called Verizon to complain, but they wouldn't do anything except tell me I qualify for a free phone in 10 months or I can pay $500 any other smart phone they offer. Found a bunch of New Palm Pre Plus for sale on EBay for $150, sold by authorized Verizon Dealers who need to clear their inventory before the PPP2 comes out.
    I just got a Pre+ replacement in the last two weeks.
    I called an got a replacement today 1/24/2011 so they are not out!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast