1.    #1  
    Hello once again everyone. You guys have been nothing but helpful in my other threads. So here it goes.... My question is, Has sprint crippled the OBEX/FTP profiles on the pre? My netbook has built in bluetooth, and ive never had a problem transferring things, (ringtones, pics, contacts, etc.) with previous devices. Is there a way to possibly, "Un-Cripple" the bluetooth profiles if they have been locked? I would love to lay in bed and while im catching up on some work, to be able to transfer items to my palm pre that is charging on the touchstone. Ive got PreWare and several patches installed, and I have basic linux/Terminal knowledge if that helps any.
    There is currently no way to make the Pre do this, via bluetooth, sorry!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    This isn't a Sprint issue. webOS is missing support for some bluetooth profiles that you would expect to have. I believe that more are coming in webOS 2.x, so you should be able to do more as the platform advances.
    oops, we must have posted at the same moment.
    GMTA!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    GMTA!
    I guess my mind isn't so great today. I had to google GMTA to figure out what it meant......

Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    LOL!
  8.    #8  
    ahh. Looks like I need to just sit tight till webOS 2.0 Thanks for the info.
    will be pretty disapointed if not still in webos 2.0. I still remember the pain transferring data from my palm tx to the pre. The tx btw had much better bluetooth stuff than the almost useless pre bluetooth.
  10.    #10  
    well i can still use my headset and it still supports stereo profile. So its not all useless.