1.    #1  
    I tried to set up my Palm pre for the first time. I have accepted the terms of Palm and then I tried to create a profile. You know: full name, password, e-mail. After pressing the button to confirm for profile I get a message "Palm profile creation failed". I also get options to "Try Again" or "Change settings manually". I choose change settings. Now I have to fill the APN name, user name, and password for my carrier. I do so. BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE

"Unable to Write Settings".

Have in mind that my SIM card is 3G and is enabled for data transfer. I can use it on my old mobile and send e-mails. Also I can not see on the top right corner of the screen the symbol of 3G. I only can see signal strength and battery level.

I just bought this mobile from expansys.com and I have to return it back as soon as possible BUT I like this device

It is very terrifying situation.

HEEEEELP!!!!!

Does anybody know what to do please?
    Last edited by GMKOS; 12/25/2010 at 01:28 PM.
    <<threads merged>>
    Usually this profile creation error occurs, because you aren't getting a proper connection to your carrier's network.

If you aren't seeing the 3G on your phone and you should, then that would explain it.

I don't know what the fix for you is, however, since I don't use a service that uses SIM cards.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #4  
    verwon thank you for the information. I understand that once I do not see 3G I cannot have data connection. The big question is why I do not have 3G signal since my provider say that is enabled. The only reasonable answer is maybe because my carrier is not listed in the mobile's carrier list?

Thank you any way for the help!!!

Does anyone knows anything more please?
    GMKOS, I suppose you did check the phone app preference and data usage is set to on? or mayb u need to manually setup for ur carrier?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    GMKOS, I suppose you did check the phone app preference and data usage is set to on? or mayb u need to manually setup for ur carrier?
    I could not do that my friend "PalmoAnest" because unless I cannot create a palm profile I cannot get into the palm applications
    That happens if there is no database-entry for your carrier (and therefore it cannot be saved), but as stupid as it sounds, you can scroll down (even though there is no indicator for that) and then a new button appears that says "Save anyway" - hit it and you'll be fine.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    That happens if there is no database-entry for your carrier (and therefore it cannot be saved), but as stupid as it sounds, you can scroll down (even though there is no indicator for that) and then a new button appears that says "Save anyway" - hit it and you'll be fine.
    You mean that I do not see the hole picture? Let me check it again
  9.    #9  
    "Pulp", I tried what you said but nothing happens. Actually I am in the "Enter Phone Settings" page and I entered APN name, Username, and Password but I get the message Unable to Write Settings and there is no way to scroll down the page!!!!
    As they said, there is no indicator to scroll down, you just do it by moving the page, scroll with your finger.

The Pre is notorious for not letting people know when they can do that to navigate a longer page.
  11.    #11  
    I am sorry but I can't scroll the page down. Are we talking about the same thing? I remind you all that I am still at the beginning of setting out my mobile. I did not even got into the application environment. I am still on the creation profile page.
    If it were me, I'd seriously consider returning the phone due to having that many problems with it.

Obviously something isn't working right.
  13.    #13  
    Unfortunately I am not the only one that have this problem. You realised that there are a lot of people who bought from expansys.com site this mobile. I thing is palm's problem for the unlock mobile version.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMKOS View Post
    I tried to set up my Palm pre for the first time. I have accepted the terms of Palm and then I tried to create a profile. You know: full name, password, e-mail. After pressing the button to confirm for profile I get a message "Palm profile creation failed". I also get options to "Try Again" or "Change settings manually". I choose change settings. Now I have to fill the APN name, user name, and password for my carrier. I do so. BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE

"Unable to Write Settings".

Have in mind that my SIM card is 3G and is enabled for data transfer. I can use it on my old mobile and send e-mails. Also I can not see on the top right corner of the screen the symbol of 3G. I only can see signal strength and battery level.

I just bought this mobile from expansys.com and I have to return it back as soon as possible BUT I like this device

It is very terrifying situation.

HEEEEELP!!!!!
    Has anyone found anything about the problem originally posted about Palm profile in Europe?