1.    #1  
    So my Pre has been acting quite strange these past few weeks. I am not going to go into all of it -- but my final option was to just put it back to stock with WebOS Dr. I initially I took it back to Sprint - was told I had to go thru their chain of events(resets) before they would re-install 1.4.5 -- so I tried to do it myself. No love. Every time I tried, OSX or XP Web OS Dr. would not recognize the device. I can charge my Pre, and use it like a USB drive no problem. However when I tried to use WebOS Dr. or PreWare it will not recognize the device at all. So I took it back to Sprint, this time a tech told me since I had done a bit of tweaking of the OS technically they were not supposed to touch it -- but ultimately he was cool and said, "I guess since you wanted it put back - it kinda rules out that technicality". Anyway they were unsuccessful as well, same issue. For two weeks now I have been unable to restore my Pre back to stock so I can start over again.

Any tips? There are a lot of features that I am missing not being able to tweak my pre. Plus I am frustrated at the issues I am currently left having. I have scoured the forums, and followed hundreds of posts with no success yet. That is why I took it to Sprint to re-fry it.

I appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Aaron
    Did you make sure the Pre is in developer mode and that the Novacom drivers are running on your computer?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    why dont u use the dr. 1.4.5 ?
  4.    #4  
    it is in Dev Mode and the Novacom divers are running.

I am currently researching the WebOS Internals How To Recover -- with no luck so far.

I can get it to the giant USB Logo, but WebOS Dr. will still not recognize it.
    Last edited by fixnmix; 12/24/2010 at 02:40 PM.
  5.    #5  
    I am using the dr. for 1.4.5 for Sprint -- build 251.299
    Try opening the windows task manager and restarting the novacom process. Also make sure you restart the phone and be completely finished before plugging it in to the PC.
    Another thing you can try is a different USB port on the computer.
    good point. Try different cables, too. And have you tried putting the phone in recovery mode to doctor?
    are you in diag mode? Have you did any tweaking that enabled the diag usb mode?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Another thing you can try is a different USB port on the computer.
    I have tried different ports and different cables -- but I have stuck with the one that was supplied with my pre - as it allows me to charge and connect as a USB device without incident.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    good point. Try different cables, too. And have you tried putting the phone in recovery mode to doctor?
    I assume recovery mode is where I see the giant USB logo on the screen when it is connected to webos dr.? -- yes.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    are you in diag mode? Have you did any tweaking that enabled the diag usb mode?
    I have not tried this yet... tell me/direct me to more info please.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fixnmix View Post

Thanks
    No, the point on that is that you don't want it enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixnmix View Post

Thanks
    If you haven't did any gps tweaking or enabling of usb mode you probably don't have it enabled. I just recall one time I had a horrendous battery drain and my computer would not recognize my Pre no matter what I did, this went on for about a week. I then remembered I had tweaked my gps and forgot to take it out of diag mode. You can check on it by dialing ##8727277# if you are on a sprint phone all of them should say none. Like verwon said you don't want it enabled so if you haven't done anything with the usb it should be off.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    If you haven't did any gps tweaking or enabling of usb mode you probably don't have it enabled. I just recall one time I had a horrendous battery drain and my computer would not recognize my Pre no matter what I did, this went on for about a week. I then remembered I had tweaked my gps and forgot to take it out of diag mode. You can check on it by dialing ##8727277# if you are on a sprint phone all of them should say none. Like verwon said you don't want it enabled so if you haven't done anything with the usb it should be off.
    got it, thanks.

I went back thru some other posts and threads - still no love. WebOSDr. will just not recognize my device.

This is a bit frustrating.

Thanks for all the help tho!