Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

Recently bought a Palm Pre (1st gen) off of ebay. Setup worked fine, connected to o2 (UK) and that went well. As soon as the phone was up and running, it told me to check the SIM, and I've tried 2 different sims and i tried cleaning the sim tray off a bit too.

I look at some other thread on the internet saying it could be a barred phone? what does this mean?

Thanks
    -Sam
    So you were able to sign into the Palm Profile? Its possible it could a barred phone, especially coming from ebay. Means it's been reported as being missing or stolen. Since you mentioned ebay, run the webOS doctor on that to clear whatever history that device may have had. and see how it fairs. If still nogo, get your money back for it's not worth haggling this issue.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    So you were able to sign into the Palm Profile? Its possible it could a barred phone, especially coming from ebay. Means it's been reported as being missing or stolen. Since you mentioned ebay, run the webOS doctor on that to clear whatever history that device may have had. and see how it fairs. If still nogo, get your money back for it's not worth haggling this issue.
    WebOS doctor? Thanks
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Found a download link, my my OS version is 1.4.0 and the link for webOS doctor 1.4.0 is broken
    Last edited by Sammo; 12/24/2010 at 11:55 AM.