Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I have an original Sprint Palm Pre that I no longer use (upgraded to EVO) and I would like to sell it. I completely reset the phone back to factory specs, however now its stuck on the Palm profile screen. I have a palm profile, but it wont work when I enter it because the phone is not connected to the network. This isnt a big deal to me, but if I sell it what does the customer have to do to activate the phone? Do they have to take it to a Sprint store and make their own profile? Or once they get it activated then they can make a new profile through the phone? I would like to know so I can tell the prospective buyer. Thanks.
    There are several tools that bypass activation and a patch that enables you to create a profile. But once the user activates it they will be able to setup their profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliegrs View Post
    I have an original Sprint Palm Pre that I no longer use (upgraded to EVO) and I would like to sell it. I completely reset the phone back to factory specs, however now its stuck on the Palm profile screen. I have a palm profile, but it wont work when I enter it because the phone is not connected to the network. This isnt a big deal to me, but if I sell it what does the customer have to do to activate the phone? Do they have to take it to a Sprint store and make their own profile? Or once they get it activated then they can make a new profile through the phone? I would like to know so I can tell the prospective buyer. Thanks.
    They can and will need to create a new palm profile for his/herself. Do not give out your profile info. Yes then can reactivate the phone themselves and create their own palm profile.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Was thinking about this the other day, and thought that's how it should work. Good to know.
    You should be fine. You probably won't get much for it. They will buy your original Sprint Pre for 26 bucks at usell.com

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    just found this thread- i'm selling my and did a full erase. it's asking language preference -should i just ignore these messages and power it off and sell as is?