Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Hi,

I am currently traveling in New Zealand.

I unlocked my AT&T Pre + last week using NextGen Server (which went well, and a friend's German SIM operated properly).

I just got to New Zealand and bought a 2 Degrees SIM, which works fine for phone & SMS, but I cannot get a data connection. At some point, for a minute or 2 I had a "G" symbol (not sure what that means). Nothing since then, and I cannot get any data.

I went through the help menu and found some advice on connection configs under the #application, #preferences menu in the phone. Some of the items like Update Connections weren't there, but I do definitely have Data Roaming enabled and Data Usage set to On.

I ran the Quick Test thing under the Device Info area and it gave me a "20" code with "Modem". Has something failed on my phone?

I have put in my AT&T SIM and it works for phone & txt, but also no data connection.

Anyone know how I can get a data connection? (I am in a 3G coverage area).
    thanks,
    Toby.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying, this is my first time back on email since I posted.

Frequenices not matching - Doh! Yeah, that would make sense. Oddly, I popped in my AT&T SIM and I momentarily got a "G" data connection symbol, and the phone synched some emails, so I guess some data does work.

Oh well, looks like I'll just have to go without while I am here.

Thanks!
    thanks,
    Toby.