Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I've just about had it with my pre and waiting for sprint to release something other than the EVO to pick up (actually I like the EVO but I'm anticipating something better come jan 2011).

In the mean while I've downloaded a few patches and apps that somehow managed to ease the frustration and dare I say it, almost convinced me to keep my pre. Here's my list in no particular order.

1. Preware - opens the door to apps and patches
    2. Govnah/uberkernal - on demand speed
    3. Mode switcher - my latest toy allows me to switch profiles on the dime, even allows automation if you set it up right ( I can't )
    4. advanced conf for app launcher - customized launcher and pages
    5. full screen mode browser - 3.2" never looked bigger
    6. Video downloads - no more interrupted viewing
    7. multi mod - allows download of media streams
    8. agenda - list of calendar entries
    9. Newsroom - one stop shop for news

I've tried many other patches and apps but I keep coming back to these as "must haves" for keeping me from throwing my pre out the window.
    and,

10. Epocrates - the slick, lightning-fast medical & drug reference.

Oh, wait.... it's being pulled from the app catalog & will quit working in May.

Never mind.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    There are plenty of things to keep us busy. There are tons of great games on HP webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I've just about had it with my pre and waiting for sprint to release something other than the EVO to pick up (actually I like the EVO but I'm anticipating something better come jan 2011).

In the mean while I've downloaded a few patches and apps that somehow managed to ease the frustration and dare I say it, almost convinced me to keep my pre. Here's my list in no particular order.

3. Mode switcher - my latest toy allows me to switch profiles on the dime, even allows automation if you set it up right ( I can't )

I've tried many other patches and apps but I keep coming back to these as "must haves" for keeping me from throwing my pre out the window.
    There is a thread with imported modes that you could probably choose something to your liking and tweak it for your needs. Mode switcher.
    I bought an iPad. I'm fairly distracted.
    None needed here...
    you forgot webOS
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    While there are a few things I wish the Pre had (SSH client), I still love my Pre.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I got an iSpot when they had them on sale for $20. It costs $25 a month, but if I upgraded to a new phone Sprint would want another $10 anyway for the life of my contract whereas the ispot has no contract.
    [QUOTE=stockh;2806029]3. Mode switcher - my latest toy allows me to switch profiles on the dime, even allows automation if you set it up right ( I can't )
    [QUOTE]

stock with an H---what probs are you having? pm me and i will try to help. Mamouton knows as well. Or even better, SCONIX---the creator of MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by allaboutduncan View Post
    While there are a few things I wish the Pre had (SSH client), I still love my Pre.
    Install Terminal and OpenSSH, launch Terminal and you're ready to go ! Just type "openssh-ssh user@host" !

Long live to Optware !
    i cant let go my pre for an android eventhough they rub it in my face with all those apps... i like the actual keyboard on the pre and the blackberry torch had to come up with the same thing.. oh well.. 2.0 coming one day... feels like high school all over again.. a virgen waiting..
    Tons of great games: Sigma, Tanagram Puzzle, Risk, Trivial Pursuit, and Dungeon Hunter, Angry Birds, Cloud Hopper, Plasma Cannon, Radiant, and a whole lot more!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I have realized that I am spending less and less time on my webos device. i dont think i have opened preware or installed any patches in over a month.

One thing about WebOS that kind of makes it boring for me is how simple and intuitive it is. YEah i know simplicity is good, but as a tech nerd I like messing around with things, and there is not much to mess around with on webos.
    Nothing worked for me, sorry!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Most effective distraction?

Stay away from tech blogs
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Most effective distraction?

Stay away from tech blogs
    +1
    Don't worry February is right around the corner and palm might have a new phone out six months after that. So bye next year you'll definitely have a new phone. In the mean time pick up a crossword puzzle or try War and Peace I heard it's a great read. Otherwise do what everyone else does and play with an android phone after a month you might not really care about a new palm phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post

I use many of these and have found them essential to keeping my Sprint Pre functional. (Preware, Govnah/Uber Kernel, Mode Switcher in particular for basic functionality and offering advanced options).

Advanced conf for app launcher - I've tried using it each way and love the flexibility it offers. My current choice is using tabs which gives me 4 "1 click" pages for grouped apps (my commute, web, tools, and entertainment screens, with utilities, and other screens "hidden" under the Menu tab).

Although I like Newsroom, it is tedious to add something viewed there to ReadItLater/Relago, since it isn't available within the original page viewed. I use my reader to screen articles while walking / waiting, so I find myself using Feeder more when I'm screening since it seems a bit quicker to add to Relago.

My patience is "wafer thin' at this point with Palm/HP/webos. As much as I love the interface, I need it to work, and at this point I spend way to much time rebuilding or losing data. I'm also losing interest in paying more for the next generation of smartphone data service and seriously considering reverting to a no-contract cell phone (prolly a blackberry or android) and a iPod touch for bells and whistles on wifi. This would cut my overall monthly costs and give me the extras I can load up when on wifi (news feeds, podcasts, games, etc).

So, shopping for what options are out there (will be going to Verizon to look at some of their phones today) INSTEAD of webOS is keeping me busy until Feb 9. Sadly, I still miss things about my Treo that no one offers. That kind of Palm is dead, indeed. But we'll see what HP has to offer soon.
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    I'm getting an iphone 3Gs 16GB as a gift from my father over the mail tomorrow. I am vividly brainstorming about moving to att...