1.    #1  
    I just put preware on my palm pre so i could take advantage of it's many perks but i soon find out that to be able to get the on screen keyboard i was meant to install 'package manager' first.

when i go on webos quick install i cannot find it and i need to know how to fix the problem.

Please help!

p.s i'm in the u.k if that makes any difference
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    press the option key (gray key) and touch the application.

A menu will pop up and you can delete preware from there.

If you installed preware via webosqi, it should have installed package manager service also. But you might start over and make sure all is good.
    Dan
    If you have installed Preware, then you shouldn't need to use WOSQI anymore. Open up Preware, and on the main screen where it shows Available Packages, Installed Packages etc, type in "virtual keyboard" and press enter. Then press the button and if it says you need another package to be installed or updated, then install or update it and then it should load, and then do a luna restart, when your phone reboots, then it should be there for you.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #4  
    i did what you said but while it was installing it said there was an error and that i needed to see the IPK log.

what do i do?
    I'm not sure myself, but sounds like there's a patch you have that is conflicting. When it gives you an option to see the IPKG LOG, click on it, and then pull down the top left menu and then email it to yourself. On your PC, try and find Virtual Keyboard thread, should be under webOS Patches Forum, if you can't find it then that's where you'd start a new thread, "Trouble Installing Virtual Keyboard" or something to that effect. Then attach the log file in with your question and hopefully someone with better know-how will be able to tell what the problem is.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprehadidimoud View Post
    I just put preware on my palm pre so i could take advantage of it's many perks but i soon find out that to be able to get the on screen keyboard i was meant to install 'package manager' first.

when i go on webos quick install i cannot find it and i need to know how to fix the problem.

Please help!

p.s i'm in the u.k if that makes any difference
    What version of webOS are you running? There is no separate Package Manager any longer.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    To remove Preware, you open Preware, select Installed Packages, select Preware, and hit the Remove button, same as you do for any other package you install with Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    why would you want to remove preware?
    you might better yet remove the phone app or the email app.
  9.    #9  
    how do you check what webos you are running on?

and the only reason i wanted to remove it is to i could reintall it as i forgot to install package manager and i couldn't install the virtual keyboard (i was told to see IKP/IPK log)
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    run the device info app and scroll down to the version.
    should say something like: Palm webOS 2.0.1 or earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprehadidimoud View Post
    how do you check what webos you are running on?

and the only reason i wanted to remove it is to i could reintall it as i forgot to install package manager and i couldn't install the virtual keyboard (i was told to see IKP/IPK log)
    There is no separate package manager service for well over a year now.

-- Rod
    My preware cycles but will not open, how do I get it to work? I've tried restarting and taking the battery out, but the same thing.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    My preware cycles but will not open, how do I get it to work? I've tried restarting and taking the battery out, but the same thing.

Thanks
    What version of webOS are you running?

What version of Preware do you have installed?

What did you install it with?

("latest" is not a valid version number answer )

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    webos 1.4.5
    PW v1.5.4

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post

Thanks
    I have that problem w/my work wifi. Works fine on home wifi & through EVDO. Just FYI if you are accessing through wifi.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    That can happen if your wifi connection is a hotspot which doesn't allow through the preware connections.

-- Rod
    Oh you're right, no connection. Thanks!