Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bought my PRE at a Sprint store the first day they were offered and it has served me well. It has never required service, although it is starting to look a little long-in-the-tooth...some minor scratches on the face, an inch-long crack on the lower-right corner of the cover, and the plug that covers the cable outlet has fallen off.

What I'd like to know is what is Sprint offering as a WebOS upgrade option for people with an original PRE like me? If they have no new WebOS models in the works, would it make sense for me to try to have my original PRE repaired or replaced?

My two-year contract won't be over until next June and I would consider waiting for a newer PRE model if one is in the works. Would I be better off hanging on to my old PRE and moving to an Android model in June?
    New webOS phones will most likely be introduced at CES 2011 in January, so I'd wait until then to make a decision.
    true that !! ^^^^
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    New webOS phones will most likely be introduced at CES 2011 in January, so I'd wait until then to make a decision.
    Also, I'm sure new Android phones will be announced at CES as well. I would definitely wait a little longer to see what everyone announces.
    I concur. if you can get someone to do the Sprint Pre Plus conversion it is just like a new phone and trust me it will tide you over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I concur. if you can get someone to do the Sprint Pre Plus conversion it is just like a new phone and trust me it will tide you over.
    I'll back up that statement 100%! It is like a totally different phone. PDK games load in half the time, or less.

Besides, as others have said, CES is around 2.5 weeks away and even if there isn't a good offering from HP/Palm, I'm sure Android will be having some new phones announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I'll back up that statement 100%! It is like a totally different phone. PDK games load in half the time, or less.

Besides, as others have said, CES is around 2.5 weeks away and even if there isn't a good offering from HP/Palm, I'm sure Android will be having some new phones announced.
    Can you sign in with your old profile?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I am testing another profile just in case I understand you can sign in you just won't be able to go back to 1.45
    I agree with what everyone is saying.... patience must be exercised!!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I'll sixth or seventh the sentiment. Wait until after CES. And for now I'll dream of the Epic and the Pre mating and producing a baby. LOL
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Agreed! I will say however that Radio Shack (starting this past Sunday) began offering the Evo for $100 out the door with a trade in phone on a 2 year contract renewal!

Im not due for a upgrade anytime soon but this one would be tempting if I was!

Also offering the Epic 4G for $249 with a $75 gift card... and ooo I forgot to mention that all smartphone purchases yield a free Bluetooth earpeice!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Trade in your pre at radio shack and get an evo for 99 dollars. Or wait to see if anything comes for sprint at ces. However the just wait and see has been going on since September. And If something is announced at ces it could still be three to six months out. It just depends how much you like web os and how patient you are, good luck.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    Trade in your pre at radio shack and get an evo for 99 dollars. Or wait to see if anything comes for sprint at ces. However the just wait and see has been going on since September. And If something is announced at ces it could still be three to six months out. It just depends how much you like web os and how patient you are, good luck.
    I'd sooner wait! The Evo is tempting because of the hardware but I need a physical keyboard. The only reason why I gave my wife my upgrade last June anyways....
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I'd sooner wait! The Evo is tempting because of the hardware but I need a physical keyboard. The only reason why I gave my wife my upgrade last June anyways....
    If I have to give up my WebOS I'll go Epic or newer version of it!

Hey there H-Cubed how you doing?
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    hey
    I'm good... Actually ready to go home long day here at work!
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I thought like that, i dont miss a keyboard at all. not one bit, and with sywpe, i can type faster than you can....
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I thought like that, i dont miss a keyboard at all. not one bit, and with sywpe, i can type faster than you can....
    maybe... Im not too worried about speed, I can type fast enough but I am more comfortable with the physical keyboard and I like to actually feel what I am touching.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I say if you do like Webos, then wait my birdy even says new devices for all carriers Q1 2011, and I must say I had a EVO for 3 months and ended up taking it back. Its nice as Hell, though the android OS pales in comparison to Webos IMO, and no keyboard is a big thing to me. Im a big guy and i can type fine on the PRE's keyboard, the knock on the keyboard is more overrated like the build quality. So if you can wait, Id wait HP wont let you down according to my birdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    no there not.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I say if you do like Webos, then wait my birdy even says new devices for all carriers Q1 2011, and I must say I had a EVO for 3 months and ended up taking it back. Its nice as Hell, though the android OS pales in comparison to Webos IMO, and no keyboard is a big thing to me. Im a big guy and i can type fine on the PRE's keyboard, the knock on the keyboard is more overrated like the build quality. So if you can wait, Id wait HP wont let you down according to my birdy.
    Honest question.. you returned an evo after 3 months? I was under the impression that after 30days if you do not return a phone that's it you bought it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast