1.    #1  
    doctor runs to 4%
    phone reboots and starts to turn on
    by 8% phone is on and doctor is frozen
    what am i doing wrong?
    try doing it from recovery mode.

that's where you start the doctor with your phone disconnected and the battery removed.

when doctor tells you to plug in the device, hold down the volume up button for the next few steps:

plug phone in to laptop without battery
    while still ho,ding button, wait for picture of battery with question mark
    while still holding button, inset battery.
    after you see a big USB icon, release the button and doctor should work properly
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    try doing it from recovery mode.

that's where you start the doctor with your phone disconnected and the battery removed.

when doctor tells you to plug in the device, hold down the volume up button for the next few steps:

plug phone in to laptop without battery
    while still ho,ding button, wait for picture of battery with question mark
    while still holding button, inset battery.
    after you see a big USB icon, release the button and doctor should work properly
    tried it, same thing happens
    try it again several more times. Be sure to start with the phone unplugged and battery removed. It may take a few tries, but users report that the recovery mode always works eventually.

and when you tjink the doctor is stuck, let it sit for 20 or 30 minutes to see if it finishes. The doctor can take some time, and it definitely hesitates in a few places while it does some things internally.
    If your phone is turning on... the Dr. is stuck.

There may be other things that cause this but one of them is a Dr./phone mismatch.

Go to palm.com/rom and follow the instructions, when it says to enter your serial number it will make sure you download the proper Dr. file for your phone.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm having a worse problem than the one @HaydenDavey described. I'm trying to Doctor my gf's Pre Plus on AT&T, and it won't even get started. I run WinXP Media Center Edition on my PC, and when Doctor tries to obtain information on it, I get an error message from WinXP saying it had to close because an error occurred. Then Doctor goes on, asking me to connect the phone to the PC. It then checks the charge in her battery (which is 100%). After that, it gives me the error message, "Phone Disconnected; Click OK to try again." I try it again, and it says, "We were unable to reset your phone. Please contact Palm Support for help."

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by FBueller View Post
    I'm having a worse problem than the one @HaydenDavey described. I'm trying to Doctor my gf's Pre Plus on AT&T, and it won't even get started. I run WinXP Media Center Edition on my PC, and when Doctor tries to obtain information on it, I get an error message from WinXP saying it had to close because an error occurred. Then Doctor goes on, asking me to connect the phone to the PC. It then checks the charge in her battery (which is 100%). After that, it gives me the error message, "Phone Disconnected; Click OK to try again." I try it again, and it says, "We were unable to reset your phone. Please contact Palm Support for help."

Any ideas?
    The quickest thing would be to try a different computer. If something as old as XP Media Edition is borked, it's a ton of effort to troubleshoot and resolve it. It would be so much easier if you could run next door and use their new win7 PC that santa brought, or whatever. Is that a possibility for you?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Heh...I'll see what I can do! I do have a buddy that lives near me that runs Vista on his home machine, and Win 7 Ultimate on his netbook. I'll try it on one of those and see what happens. Thanks!