Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thread title says it all really. Let the anticipation continue..........
    Link: webOS 2.0 for the Sprint Palm Pre leaks out, added features in tow -- Engadget

Article text:
    Palm promised that webOS 2.0 would hit all of its devices in the "coming months," and it looks like work is trucking right along -- we were just sent these shots of the updated OS running in beta form on the original Sprint Palm Pre. Obviously there's not much here that we didn't pore over in our exhaustive webOS 2.0 review, but we're noting the addition of voice dialing and some preferences for the screensaver-like Exhibition View -- we're told just the time works right now, but photos, agenda view, and Facebook are all listed.

Interestingly, this first beta is labeled "HP webOS Nova-Barley" and carries the version number of 2.0.1, with builds for the unlocked Pre and AT&T / Verizon Pre Plus also available -- the Pixi and Pre 2 variants of this build haven't been completed. Performance is said to be solid, although "not fast enough," and things are a little buggy, which makes sense for a first beta. The final build that goes out as an OTA update will apparently be version 2.1, although that's not totally confirmed yet -- we're told that there are references to a "Nova-Barleywine" in the code, but it's not clear if that's another 2.x version or something else entirely. Yes, it's all very exciting, but unfortunately none of this is what we really want: new phones and new tablets. Let's get cracking, Palm.
    And, I couldn't help but notice this little nugget:
    but we're noting the addition of voice dialing
    Good news day for HPalm!!
    Keep The Good News Coming Guys! This Is What We Need!

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    So when will we see the OTA update? In the "coming months" ??
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Well, this article says it's still in the "first beta". I wouldn't expect it tobe released for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Probably. The source does say it's still buggy, needs some speed, and needs to get all of exhibition working. Then there's the carrier approval process.
    Expect announcement on 2.0 by CES. That is all.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Oh hey, there's an HP boot logo in the Engadget article. So much for the Palm brand in future devices, I'm assuming.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And, I couldn't help but notice this little nugget:

Good news day for HPalm!!
    Um.. sorry but I've never seen that done before. How does it work? do you read out the number or name?
    Ok who violated the NDA to leak that out!
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    I don't know and I don't care. lol

Thanks to whoever leaked out this info!
    You know HP threw a ton of programmers and cash at webOS to work in multiple directions at the same time (phone, tablet, toaster, car, belt buckles, etc). It would be very cool to have them come out and announce so many new features that even the Android market is shocked. (OK... it was just a joke.. no flames please)
    i want this on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Um.. sorry but I've never seen that done before. How does it work? do you read out the number or name?
    Most likely either. I've had systems on my Treo that worked by either saying the user's name, or speaking the number.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Someone go cut, paste and copy all those posts, from all those "tools", who said; "webOS 2.0 will never come to the Sprint Pre because it's EOL'd."

que everyone else who thought otherwise, to say; "told you so"

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Exactly what I thought.
    This is legit, but only for developers. Tsk, tsk.
    Excited!!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    yup very excited!

Considering the fact that my wife woke up to 2.2 on her Intercept Sunday!

Im getting kinda jealous!
    Last edited by H Cubed; 12/21/2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: w00t!! 300th post!!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Can someone with android take a quick look to make sure that isn't just an adroid app photoshopped onto a picture of a sprint Pre(-)?

just wondering...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast