Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    I see.

And lemme guess... it'll match to to a typical American accent. Bummer unless voice recognition has improved since then.
    I believe it has improved...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Meh. That's all those articles are...rumors and something to write about.
    Seems like that's all we have these days. I'm personally hoping that the Fox guy's news is legit, but that they just used the existing mockups of the Slate in lieu of actual sketches. But then again Palm came out and told us that 2.0 would be available by the end of the year, and there are only a few days left until then. Judging by the engadget post, it seems like it's a bit further off than that. The only thing we know is that we don't know anything (and that new devices will be available "in the coming months").
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    You may want to NOT openly declare that as you have palm proprietary software and redistribution of ANY doctor , especially a beta , may be cause for not only delay of the update but prosecution by HP as well

wouldn't anyone that has purchased a Pre2 have a doctor available for their phone?
    The only official Doctor version 2.0 currently available is the EU version.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wouldn't anyone that has purchased a Pre2 have a doctor available for their phone?
    He was reffering to the sprint 2.0 leaked dr

He was reffering to the sprint 2.0 leaked dr
    Actually, I was responding to your post:

You may want to NOT openly declare that as you have palm proprietary software and redistribution of ANY doctor , especially a beta , may be cause for not only delay of the update but prosecution by HP as well
    which appeared to be a response to this:

Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I got the doctor today, but without uberkernel I'm going to wait for a second test device.
    although voice dial has never been a feature I used when I had it, now being older and doing a lot more driving and working I see how this could be useful.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I believe it has improved...

That'll makes it interesting I guess. Don't drive though so it'll be some kind of novelty feature. I've never actually seen anyone use this feature, ever, even for those who drive.
    That'll makes it interesting I guess. Don't drive though so it'll be some kind of novelty feature. I've never actually seen anyone use this feature, ever, even for those who drive.
    I used it several times daily on my previous WM phones and was almost a dealbreaker on my PP+ but I had read that it was in the works and was hoping it would be released soon, but alas, I am still missing it dearly!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    everyone I know w/ an EVO uses this feature, all the time. Works great w/ accents - I've even tried to fool it by "mumbling" & it still found what I asked for. It's great leaving yourself a quick reminder on the run when you might not be able to stop and type it out... There are plenty of times I used to use voice dialing & voice app launching on my Treo 650 & Centro. In general Voice features are becoming more useful - and for driving... Well, that's a "no-brainer" :-)

On my Treo, I used it on my motorcycle. Since I don't have it, I'm restricted to the redial button on the buletooth on my helmet, that redials the last number I dialed (I always call my wife right before I head out, that way I can reach her while I'm riding). Voice dialing that works will be welcomed. I'm anxious to see how well it works. I went through about three different programs (that I had to pay for, by the way, it was not a free upgrade) on my Treo before I got one that worked reliably enough for me.
    He better hope he doesn't

I'm a developer in the early access program. I'm not releasing any information about it, the writers on PC have already posted a bunch of info. Why don't you focus your agression on them?
    Last edited by etx; 12/22/2010 at 09:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I'm a developer in the early access program. I'm not releasing any information about it, the writers on PC have already posted a bunch of info. Why don't you focus your agression on them?
    no agression .. i simply said earlier

thats all sorry if you missed that post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Actually, I was responding to your post:

which appeared to be a response to this:
    yes but the sprint doctor is not the same.. as it is for the Pre... the kernel modules are different.. so its not about having the 2.0 doctor.. even the 2.0 skd is still under lock and key.
    no agression .. i simply said earlier

thats all sorry if you missed that post
    I didn't miss a thing. (Pun intended)

I have access to it, and I definitely did not redistribute it. So I'm not sure why you decided to attack me like I was stealing or distributing stolen IP.
    I really think the voice dialing is a good coup for our OS. Long overdue.
    i never said you redistributed it lol...

im going stop now before anything else gets misunderstood
    Motion to lock this forum post now. Nothing more new can be said about this topic. Just too much fine line walking and some crossed it here too judging from the delete posted the mods did here.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123