Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Can someone with android take a quick look to make sure that isn't just an adroid app photoshopped onto a picture of a sprint Pre(-)?

just wondering...
    eh?
    clarification: the 'leaked' sketches of the palmpad turn out to probably be copied from the HP Slate documentation.

I just want to know that the screen shot of voice dialing wasn't borrowed...
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    <<quoted deleted by Mod>>

Hahaha awesome! lol

I wonder how many PMs youll get! Not one from me tho... but still funny!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/21/2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: deleted quoted text
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    <<quote deleted by Mod>>

Chuq is gonna be mad at you!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/21/2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: deleted quoted text
    Quote Originally Posted by jedicide View Post
    Chuq is gonna be mad at you!
    I wonder if the super-absorbency of the palmPad was meant to stop this leak?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And, I couldn't help but notice this little nugget:

Good news day for HPalm!!
    Nah good news "in the coming months" for HPalm ;-)

HPalm "tomorrow free beer" at it's finest
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Everyone needs a waterproof computing device...
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    OK, that's funny.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    One of the gotchas on 2.0 is that the existing 1.4.5 Palm Profiles are incompatible with the 2.0 format. That probably means that the OTA update will have to convert the Profiles to the new format.

That also means that anyone Doctoring to 2.0 before the Palm Profiles are converted will not be able to auto-install your existing Apps.

Just saying.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    If we can't even get 2.0 released for Christmas, at least we can have some rumors.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    One of the gotchas on 2.0 is that the existing 1.4.5 Palm Profiles are incompatible with the 2.0 format. That probably means that the OTA update will have to convert the Profiles to the new format.
    I'm positive I read a thread on this forum that said that, then the OP corrected himself, and said that eventually the profile was properly read.

I'm sure we'll know more if/when the OTA becomes available.
    a new photo of the next palm superphone just popped up on twitter...

I got the doctor today, but without uberkernel I'm going to wait for a second test device.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I got the doctor today, but without uberkernel I'm going to wait for a second test device.
    You may want to NOT openly declare that as you have palm proprietary software and redistribution of ANY doctor , especially a beta , may be cause for not only delay of the update but prosecution by HP as well

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    You may want to NOT openly declare that as you have palm proprietary software and redistribution of ANY doctor , especially a beta , may be cause for not only delay of the update but prosecution by HP as well

I doubt he actually has it lol
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Speaking of latest headlines, webosroundup posted an update to their palmpad leak story. Apparently, according to "reliable sources" Palm has been going around quietly telling people that they will not be at CES, let alone be demo-ing 3 new tablets. That's a shame. Hopefully they have all hands on deck pushing to get this 2.0 beta up to speed and ready for release. I'm still stoked for 2.0, and I'm hoping for some kind of information on hardware early in 2011. That January Sprint upgrade will be burning a hole in my pocket...

Source: Is the PalmPad going to show up at CES? [Update - doesn&#039;t look like it] | webOSroundup
    Meh. That's all those articles are...rumors and something to write about. If you look at the CES website you can easily see that HP has a huge suite again (same as last year) and it's labeled as HP and Palm as the occupants. True? False? We'll all find out in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I doubt he actually has it lol
    He better hope he doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Meh. That's all those articles are...rumors and something to write about. If you look at the CES website you can easily see that HP has a huge suite again (same as last year) and it's labeled as HP and Palm as the occupants. True? False? We'll all find out in January.
    But didn't you hear from "People familiar with the matter" that someone at hp will possibly , maybe, show off or not the new palm or HP device that's going to compete with iOS 5?

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Most likely either. I've had systems on my Treo that worked by either saying the user's name, or speaking the number.
    I see.

And lemme guess... it'll match to to a typical American accent. Bummer unless voice recognition has improved since then.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast