Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi All,

Just bought a brand new Pre (with touchstone) for 50, bargain....

Couple of Q's though, is there a satnav yet? and is there a decent in-car holder? (I have googled both but there were millions of (other non related) results).

Thanks

Alex
    Welcome. Satnav never heard of it. As for a car holder look up the touchstone. Not only is it a awesome in car holder, but it will wirelessly charge your pre at the same time!

Here is a great thread in the forums on car touchstones

http://bit.ly/78oeY1

didnt realize you got a touchstone with your Pre so you know what it is. So just read that thread to get examples of how to get it into your car. I use one in my car works great.
    Last edited by drahgon; 12/21/2010 at 12:03 PM.
    If by SatNav you mean Satalite Navigation, then yes. There is a homebrew navigation application available inside Preware (search google for webOS Internals Preware), I forget the name of it off the top of my head. But it requires you to also install a seperate map package.

There is also the pre-built navigation apps included with a supported carrier, sprint, verizon, and at&t.
    Welcome to the Pre world, enjoy the ride, just slap the touchstone to your car dashboard and you're good to go
    Quote Originally Posted by alcot33uk View Post
    Hi All,

Just bought a brand new Pre (with touchstone) for 50, bargain....

Couple of Q's though, is there a satnav yet? and is there a decent in-car holder? (I have googled both but there were millions of (other non related) results).

Thanks

Alex
    Satnav would probably be Navit - Car Navigation System, big download, best to do it over wifi...

And I use a touchstone in my car, just take a gps discus mount and plop the touchstone onto it, supply it with power and blammo...best in car palm pre solution imo :P
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Was that a Pre or Pre Plus that you bought?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi it was a Pre, sorry for satnav confusion, that small stretch of water changes languages!!

Thanks for all of the replies so far.

Alex
    Hi Alex, welcome to webOS no satnav as such, as said above you can download navit but if you were looking for the usual stuff like Tom Tom or Navigon, sorry they anit interested I have emailed several times and they say no

What is really annoying is that 02 Germany have a Sat Nav they offer thier customers http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...om.telmap.o2de yet 02 UK don't bother!

I use the Belkin Window Mount, they are around 10 to 15 on ebay, the only problem is they do bounce a bit lol as I use it just for music or calling its not to bad for me if you want it as a satnav style mount it may be to jumpy!

I found this video link on youtube
    Last edited by leobloom; 12/21/2010 at 06:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Search in Precentral for NAVIT. There is a forum with detailed instructions for installign and pulling maps of Europe or US. Some pre-existing files exist covering specific areas which will save you time in creating the maps.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...on-system.html

Dale