1.    #1  
    I bought 2 brand new palm pre plus (att) on ebay.. One of them was 1.4.2 and the other one 1.4.5.. I tried to get them unlocked over nextgen server. The 1.4.2 one suceffuly unlocked and i have never had problem...

But..
    After unlocking 1.4.5 i had very bad reception.. and i tried the update modem firmware over novaterm but never finish the progress successfully.. But the phone was working just great excluding modem..

The next day i tried to update modem i got my phone with dead battery. When try to charge it it shows battery charging on the screen but never do it. When i try to charge it over usb connection. it is trying to start the phone periodically but no chance...

So if you have any ideo or experience please share. I'll be appreciated.

Thanks.
    did you swap the batteries to see if the problem moves to the other device?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you swap the batteries to see if the problem moves to the other device?
    unluckily the other phone is not with me anymore.. i sold it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Did you disable DIAG mode on that phone?
    I guess.. But not sure. Even not i can not disable it without opening the phone as i know.
  5.    #5  
    i gave direct electricity from usb and now phone working.. and it shows charging but i dont know if it is really charging or not.
  6.    #6  
    It's not very clear what it is you're trying to say by providing this information.
    Try to run a webOS Doctor from Recovery Mode.
    sorry i was trying to say i gave the electricity to the battery.. kind of battery shock
    Quote Originally Posted by agreeta View Post
    i gave direct electricity from usb and now phone working.. and it shows charging but i dont know if it is really charging or not.
    if it's charging, the phone will eventually turn on automatically. If the battery had little or no charge, it could take 5 or 10 minutes.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if it's charging, the phone will eventually turn on automatically. If the battery had little or no charge, it could take 5 or 10 minutes.
    i waited for hours for that but no sign
  9.    #9  
    Yep that's the modem.

1. Find another way to charge your battery
    2. Create Meta-Doctor firmware with modem update bypassed
    3. Install Meta-Doctor firmware
    4. Manually flash modem firmware
    Thats good. I know i broke the modem when i tried to update it. After reflash it work again.. I'll try to charge the battery with a universal charger..

Thanks for the info...
  10.    #10  
    It is still not working.. i tried to charge the battery with universal charger but the same result.

My problem is 100% same with that one(esspecially bold part):

Re: Palm Pre Dead Completely Gone A day Later. - Palm Support Community

says:
    Hey guys,
    I just got my palm pre yesterday and it's been giving me some strange problems. Phone died for the first time, and I have some issues.

Connected it to my computer to charge it.
    Showed me a battery being charged.
    2 hours later, it would try to restart with a black screen, but no PALM logo.
    After about 10 seconds on a blank screen it went back to the battery being charged.
    Tried to connect it to an iPhone 3G wall adapter (same issue)

I don't have my Palm wall adapter, but it doesn't matter because the power doesn't really change. I've tried everything, but all I can see is the battery being charged, I've even removed the battery.
    It's ridiculous, I just got my phone yesterday Palm, I don't want to return it. What the heck is the issue? Anyone else getting this? It's been charging for the past 4 hours, and it's been doing the same problem,
    power symbol -> shows a black screen restarting -> Goes right back to the palm pre charging screen. Repeat.

Just so you know when I connect it over to my computer, it says USB Device not recognized. Not sure whats up. I've tried all the quick fixes, with the removal of the battery, the resetting (it won't do anything as far as resetting)
  11.    #11  
    Charging is handled by the modem, so unless you first fix your modem problem with a FULL battery (not a NEW one), you will never have a phone with a signal which charges correctly.
    i see but it is charging now(charging the new battery) and i have full battery.. i tried to update modem over internalz but the process fails on the last part.
  12.    #12  
    Wait a day and it will drain.
    If you can't fix it, send it to Palm.
    if you know someone can fix that i can pay for it. is it possible?
    I am having a similar issue.

Turned a pre minus into a pre plus...now it doesnt charge.

All setting it on the touchstone or plugging it in does is slow the battery loss.

I do have an external charger and multiple batteries but its still a drag.

What do you guys mean by "update the modem over internalz?"

The token value?
    updated and sadly same issue...

Modem Firmware is cc1.6(535)

Update: Seems to be working charging, slowly (28mA) but charging. Lets see if it keeps working.
    Last edited by carr76013; 01/06/2011 at 09:59 PM.
    Charges slowly...but radio does not work.

After getting the radio to work again back to not charging