Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    hello!

Just wanted to ask if there was a way to delete conversations through the computer instead of actually swiping away to delete them on the actual device.

I have many convos that I tried to delete but even after deleting them and letting the phone sit still for about an hour without receiving a text or opening the messaging app, upon a device restart the convos all return.

I have also installed the patch that deletes all convos at once but it does not work, i installed the updated version of it and had no luck. Again, I press 'delete all' and let it sit there for about an hour but it does nothing.

Please help! Thanks.
    I don't know exactly where to find it, but it's listed on here in several threads, a file in the Pre that you can extract to backup texts or remove corrupted ones, so I'm guessing that deleting the db3 file would also have the same effect.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    thanks a lot, something like that is exactly what I need. I'll keep on looking for it.

Its such a hassle to have all these conversations and not being able to delete them.
    Using WebOS Quick Install, go to Tools, then Receive File (you'll need to be in Developer mode to do this).
    enter: /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 and select your save location.

View the db3 file with: SQLite Database Browser

In SQLite Database Browser, select the "Browse Data" tab and look for com_palm_pim_FolderEntry in the drop down menu.

This will be pretty messy because Email and SMS's are stored in the same table within the database.

From here you may be able to delete specific messages and then send the file back. No guarantees it won't mess something up so keep a copy of the original file just in case.

If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I don't know exactly where to find it, but it's listed on here in several threads, a file in the Pre that you can extract to backup texts or remove corrupted ones, so I'm guessing that deleting the db3 file would also have the same effect.
    I got your back, LOL
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers