Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So if anyone has experience this please feel free to give input and answer. So my launch day pre finally decided to die... the touch screen stopped working ... I waltzed into best buy and sent it off for repair. First, i *****ed bout them wanting me to pay a 200 buck deposit fee to borrow one of the "loaner" phones. So i waled out without even a replacement. I bought a new pre off ebay ... so i should have it buy tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime... i called best buy to check on the status of the launch day pre... they said that there is a part the couldn't get so there is no replacing that pre... but to come in and they will give me a new phone to last the next four months of my contract free... has anyone gone though best buy not being able to fix their pre and being told they will get a new phone and if so could u give me an idea of what type of phone?? Not leaving hp palm bc i already said new phone is on way but this phone from best buy could make a nice backup in case this happens again in the near future.
    I bumped into a guy at my BB store and I think he was going through something similar. I'm not too familiar with their repair plan but they have to repair it or compensate you. I think they offered him cash since none of the other phones had same experience as webos.

good luck.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  3.    #3  
    I was just told to come in.... and i could select a new phone... is there an option to say ok give me the cash?
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post
    I was just told to come in.... and i could select a new phone... is there an option to say ok give me the cash?
    are you with sprint? if so i highly recommend taking their offer and getting a evo or epic. you will not regret it. lets face it, any new webos phone for sprint wouldn't hit the stores until at least summer/fall 2011.
  5.    #5  
    I am with sprint.... but they said a select phone... idk if they said a phone of my choice...
    I am with sprint.... but they said a select phone... idk if they said a phone of my choice...
    how much are they giving you towards a phone? the pre was a smartphone and im sure they would give you a smartphone, or a credit towards one. you can get the evo for cheaper than $199 now. they also give instant rebates as well. look into it. the majority of the phones sprint carries now is all android. wp7 after the new year but that would cost too much.
  7.    #7  
    They didnt say i had a credit or an amount.... i called a friend n he said it would be a low end pos android
    this has been reported by others in the past, and it's the #1 reason why I tell people:

1. Don't buy phones at big box retailers

2. If you insist on buying from big box retailers, NEVER buy their extended warranty. If you want insurance, get it from the carrier when you activate.

The reality is that even when Best Buy could repair the Pre, they could take up to 30 days to do it. The same is true for a TV or camera, but those aren't central to work and life like a can be... If you have insurance through the carrier, they will replace it at the store (Sprint) or cross ship a replacement (VZW) within 24-48 hours.

Personally, I'd take the cash and grab something used to protect the upgrade date for the next hotness, from Palm or whomever you are hoping launches on your preferred carrier.
  9.    #9  
    Cantaffordit i like ur thinking. I actually have the sprint insurance... and the best buy insurance... I didnt want to use my sprint bc i honestly did not want to fork over 100 $ for a new pre... i figured id find one off ebay cheap... which i did..

I'm extremely aware of the low end best buy insurance bc ive already done that before n has to used low end loaner phones for up to 3 weeks........

Seeing has how best buy is offering a free phone i feel i could always just go take a look see if its worth it n if not see if they will let me grab cash
    Cantaffordit i like ur thinking. I actually have the sprint insurance... and the best buy insurance... I didnt want to use my sprint bc i honestly did not want to fork over 100 $ for a new pre... i figured id find one off ebay cheap... which i did..

I'm extremely aware of the low end best buy insurance bc ive already done that before n has to used low end loaner phones for up to 3 weeks........

Seeing has how best buy is offering a free phone i feel i could always just go take a look see if its worth it n if not see if they will let me grab cash
    As long as they don't change your upgrade date, that's an option. You know the BB sales snakes will do everything they can to sell you something and lock you in.
    They didnt say i had a credit or an amount.... i called a friend n he said it would be a low end pos android
    i don't know about low end but some of them are decent. if not ask for cash back.
  12.    #12  
    of course... i was just trying to get a feel of what type of phone they'd give me... ya know in the event my pre isnt here i can actually put a phone under my account to use... or to maybe sucks not having a phone
    of course... i was just trying to get a feel of what type of phone they'd give me... ya know in the event my pre isnt here i can actually put a phone under my account to use... or to maybe sucks not having a phone
    the evo & epic would be my top choice but if it's lower end id ask for the LG Optimus S android phone. it's cheap but has good support, custom roms and overclocked kernels. probably would tide you over until we get some new webos devices later next year. nothing is wrong with android, i love my evo.

LG Optimus S (Sprint) Review & Rating | PCMag.com
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I bought my original Pre from Best Buy and ended up getting it replaced at a Sprint store for the very same reason last week. I was on my 5 replacement by that time though....
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  15.    #15  
    Updating everyone.. went to best buy last night... the replaced my pre with an evo... tried it out.. not too big a fan of the huge screen, everything else is pretty cool. so i ordered a pre off ebay it should be here by tonight and i offered to give my mother my evo which she said she wanted. this should suffice me til june
    did they let you keep your renewal date? and are you now paying $10 more per month?

you should be able to sell the Evo on ebay for quite a bit if/when you get your other ebay purchase.

sounds like you made out well.
  17.    #17  
    I did cantafford it... thank u i could sell it but my mom said she might want it lol so i will sacrafice... money isnt a big deal to me. i am though paying 10 bucks more for right now
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    :-o You mean to tell me that I could have taken my busted Pre to Best Buy and got a Evo for FREE?? Is that what you did? Or was there some sort of upcharge for it?
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  19.    #19  
    H-cube my touchscreen broke.. wouldnt let me touch the buttons n i think it was cracked... i have the 10 bucks a month insurance with best buy... so i went n said i need to send phnoe off for repair they did... i called em 10 days later for them to look up my records n tell me my pre was unfix able and to come into the store they would exchange me for a phone... n they set me up with an evo
  20.    #20  
    they canceled my insurance and re set it up ( 10 bucks a month) and they started charging me for the 4 g which we dont have ( 10 a month)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast