Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm an iPhone 3GS user who just bought a Palm Pre Plus on eBay. When it arrives, will I be able to simply swap out my iPhone SIM card and put it in my Pre? Or do I have to activate it somehow, online, in person or over the phone?

Since I have an existing data/voice/text plan with AT&T, does that simply transfer over? I have the 2GB DataPro plan, not an iPhone-specific data plan.

Also, will I be able to switch between the phones whenever I want simply by swapping out the SIM card back and forth?
    should be able to no problem... its only an issue the other way around
    No problems as long as the sims are the same size. I was thinking that iphones have a smaller sim card.
    There is a similar discussion here where a couple of members say that they switch back and forth between iPhone and Pre.

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...y-way-use.html
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by gspohr View Post
    Or do I have to activate it somehow, online, in person or over the phone?
    If the seller has reset the phone to defaults, the phone will need a new palm profile to be created..This needs the phone to connect to the network & data enabled. By default, you cannot progress unless you create a profile.

If the phone is not reset, you may be seeing the sellers palm profile & contacts etc. You can reset yourself, but you will still need to create one yourself.

Once the phone is setup witth the right profile, you can switch sims to any phone without needing activation etc.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspohr View Post
    I'm an iPhone 3GS user who just bought a Palm Pre Plus on eBay. When it arrives, will I be able to simply swap out my iPhone SIM card and put it in my Pre? Or do I have to activate it somehow, online, in person or over the phone?

Since I have an existing data/voice/text plan with AT&T, does that simply transfer over? I have the 2GB DataPro plan, not an iPhone-specific data plan.

Also, will I be able to switch between the phones whenever I want simply by swapping out the SIM card back and forth?
    Btw, an 'iphone' plan really is a regular data plan. Using one on my Palm Pre Plus right now. Got annoyed with the micro SIM so I changed it to a regular sized SIM without the carrier batting and eyelid. (not in the US though)

The only one which I recall that is different is a blackberry plan. (you'll run data charges if you use the SIM on a non blackberry phone since you're usually paying for blackberry data usage.)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    In case anyone is still paying notice; you MIGHT need to call ATT and have them adjust your account at their end to get the IMEI# correct: I switched to a Pre+ (from eBay) from a Centro and lots of things worked, but a couple of things didn't - I called; she corrected the IMEI# (just read it off to her from the Device info screen) and the issues (they were minor - can't even remember what it was, just annoying) went away.

Just a couple cent's worth . . . .
    time is but the stream I go a'fishing in . . .