Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    With orb removing the media format that was compatible with the pre, i was wondering if there were any other solutions to stream media to the pre, from my computer, both video and audio.

I have tried TVersity, but i am unable to set it up correctly to stream media to my pre.

Thanks in advance

Karl
    I tried TVersity too, but I think you need the Pro version for idevice / webOS to work.
    Have you tried ampache? Or a windows webshare of your media folders?
    I use ampache mobile to stream video and audio to my Pre over wifi and EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    +1
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 07:40 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I've been looking @ the Ampache app but how hard is it to set up? You have to make your computer a server right? What are the steps or can you point me to what you used to set it up.
    Read the tutorial on Ampache Pre to set it up. It takes awhile to setup but it is worth it. Once you set it up you can listen to your music from any computer. I setup a free dyndns server and it works great.
    What I found most helpful was the first post on this page:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...mobile-72.html
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 07:41 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    i have successfully managed to set up ampache mobile, but it doesn't offer live converting of video to a format compatible with the pre, is there any other options?
    KalemSoft is beta testing such an app for HP webOS. Find the thread and ask to be in on it.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    i have successfully managed to set up ampache mobile, but it doesn't offer live converting of video to a format compatible with the pre, is there any other options?
    did you ever hear of anything else for streaming, I was using orb also and am very frutraited they discontiued the format for the pre
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit.Hudson View Post
    did you ever hear of anything else for streaming, I was using orb also and am very frutraited they discontiued the format for the pre
    The only option i found was beta testing the Kalem Soft media player, which is a very good solution, it works very well

Apply by filling in thie form
    KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)

but make sure that in the department selection, you select beta testing
    KalemSoft will only browse my music library folder to the letter P, so it's essentially useless for me.

On to Ampache...

Edit: That wasn't bad at all, took me 45 minutes to get it set up, my full music library is now available on my Pre. 900 albums, nice. Take that 8GB limit!
    Last edited by Telperion; 01/28/2011 at 09:41 PM.