1.    #1  
    I have been trying to figure out how to do this. Is there a way besides closing and opening the app?
    In the lower right corner there's a button with an arrow in it. That's the reload button.
    you can also just shake your device. You may need to enable this in the preferences.
  4.    #4  
    the refresh button only refreshes my livefeed. It does not check for new notifications.
    I'm pretty sure the refresh button does both. It seems to on mine.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    also for me at least it takes a little longer to get notifications on the fb app than it does on the actual fb site .... I'm a power fb user so I get a lot of notifications and when I tested it side by side just cause I was curious my fb app was deffinately behind in getting them.... Eventually I got them, it just took longer
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    also for me at least it takes a little longer to get notifications on the fb app than it does on the actual fb site .... I'm a power fb user so I get a lot of notifications and when I tested it side by side just cause I was curious my fb app was deffinately behind in getting them.... Eventually I got them, it just took longer
    There is nothing you can really do about that when you are using an app that is a website. They should come (almost) immediately. Did you check your preferences to make sure they are checking your notifications as frequently as you'd like?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  8.    #8  
    I insist. . . If you have the faceopbook app open and receive a new notifiaction. Even if you refresh ur live feed you will not get thenotification unless you close and open the app.
    You are 100% correct, I have had the same issue for as long as I can remember. Here is exactly how it works for me.

With Facebook app open, if I get a new notification, it will first take 10-15 minutes longer to show up than it does on the website, no matter what time interval I have my Notifications set to receive at. When one does finally arrive, I will get the number of notifications in the top left corner as usual, though if I drop it down, nothing new is listed and the only way to view the new notification is to close the app and reopen it.

If I have the Facebook app closed, the notifications work with no problems because the app has to launch each time.
  10.    #10  
    just an update. I have so far figured out how to at least refresh ur notifications manually. All you have to do is click the notifications and then tap on see all notifications. Wait a few seconds and they will appear.