1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I'm going to be purchasing a Palm Pre Plus from AT&T, I can get a new one for $50, hope that's good.

1) First off I need to know if I can watch any videos on the web, like from youtube, IGN, CNN etc

2) Can I overclock the phone and if so will I actually get faster performance while using the device.

3) If I'm out of range from wifi and I don't have a data plan, if there a way to prevent the internet from coming on accidentally and jacking up my bill. In other words, can I get it to work on wifi and only wifi alone?

4) Will I be able to update to the latest WebOS easily and free when it is released?

This will be my first ever smartphone so sorry if I sound ignorant lol

Thanks!
    Last edited by Grim Reaper; 12/19/2010 at 02:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going to be purchasing a Palm Pre Plus from AT&T, I can get a new one for $50, hope that's good.

1) First off I need to know if I can watch any videos on the web, like from youtube, IGN, CNN etc

2) Can I overclock the phone and if so will I actually get faster performance while using the device.

3) If I'm out of range from wifi and I don't have a data plan, if there a way to prevent the internet from coming on accidentally and jacking up my bill. In other words, can I get it to work on wifi and only wifi alone?

4) Will I be able to update to the latest WebOS easily and free when it is released?

This will be my first ever smartphone so sorry if I sound ignorant lol

Thanks!
    Welcome!

1. Yes you can watch YouTube videos but the others I'm not sure but if they use Flash player than not quite yet. WebOS 2.0 will bring that function soon.

2. Yes you can overclock it and it is much faster than the stock speed. There are a few options in doing so.

3. Yes you can turn your data off always and use only wi-fi.

4. Yes it is easy and free, just takes about a half hour to do so, maybe longer with 2.0 coming out, it should be a good sized update.

So what are you waiting for? Go buy a Palm Pre!
    Everybody wants some!..
  3.    #3  
    Thank you so much! I'm going to go buy it tomorrow and get started, I'm really excited!

Thanks again man, I'll be back here to get patches, themes etc and making the phone personalized!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    Thank you so much! I'm going to go buy it tomorrow and get started, I'm really excited!

Thanks again man, I'll be back here to get patches, themes etc and making the phone personalized!
    No problem.
    Any questions you may have can be answered here no matter how silly they may be. Chances are they have been answered so be sure use the search option and read up on whatever you are curious about.
    You will love your new phone and be patient with the learning curve. The Pre is completely customizable..
    Everybody wants some!..
    Welcome to the world of Smartphones and to webOS the most intuitive Smartphone operating system ever. If you’re like most of us here – your life is about to change.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~